586,096 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X axis shutter

At power up when the software loads i have a shutter in the x axis usually ends up about .080 off the previous CS position... Any help please

Bad resolver
    Excess backlash (thrust bearing)
    Glass scale is bad

Can't help much when we don't know what type of servos or accessories you have.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

shutter

The machines that usualy have shuttering problems are AC drive (square motors) the DC (round motors) rarely have trouble. If you have ac pull out one of the axis cards and look on the eproms for the version (ei. ac-0012)the latest ones are ac-0021 if you have older than ac-0017 they should be updated,they are not much,around $80-90 or so and easy to swap.just remember to save and reload the screw surveys.also the ac amp chassis should have the solid state relays bypassed and a contactor put on,$70 or so for the contactor kit.that usualy takes care of it,but in some cases the cpu software module may need to be updated also.another thing you can do is to move the amp from x axis to y and see if it follows.

Alex, i just got the machine about 2 months ago. I've only had it running for a week. It was supposed to run great so far the CPU, mill interface board, amp chassis and the power supply in the top left, keyboard and pad have all been changed to new parts. I had the problem before the tech changed anything but it wasnt so bad. Now it gives me a motor overload and resets messing up my work offsets and scares the crap out of me if i'm not thinking about it. The tech told me he thought i had an issue with the cable. The guy i bought it from said he replaced the motor and cable before i got it. I just cant afford another $6000 repaid bill on a machine that hasnt made me a dime yet.. Thanks for the help. I will check the axis card in the morning when i get to the shop.. Also the tech switched the amp to the Y axis and it did follow

Also does have AC drives

Darebee, 4th prewire, rigid tap, ac drives and hydroflush thats it

Ya - it sucks when you have to do major repairs on an item that will not increase in value with the money spent and has a market value about the same as the money you are spending.

The Fadal boxway machines are very robust and will make lots of chips to recoup the repairs though.

If you had the scale system it is a typical culprit to cause the motors to hunt if there is too much backlash - not an issue for you though.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

shutter

if the problem followed the amp thats the answer.get a new amp.