586,077 active members*
3,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Dynapath Delta 20 RS232

Dynapath Delta 20 RS232

Hello Guys I hope someone out there can help me. Lightning ran in on my Tree MJ 425 and burnt my power supply and controller boards. I had them replaced to the tune of $3000 and my machine runs now. I cannot load programs via rs232 or drip feed. I rebuilt another null modem cable and my computer seems to work fine. I do not seem to be getting a ping back from the control though.
    I am accustomed to dripping large programs by putting a rs232c program in the control and putting the control in AUTO and pushing the cycle start. This typically lights up my green cycle start button. I then go to the PC and begin sending. This turns my cycle start button off until i press it again to start motion.
    Currently I get no green button when I go to AUTO and press start. Can I ring wiring between the plugs on the AUX card and the RS232 port on the side of the control. I would appreciate any help you may offer?

Check that your active program name is 'RS232C' in the Catalog mode. This is a special title that puts the control into drip-feed (or buffered input) mode. The only other thing I can think of is that your Cycle Start lamp is out.

A summary of how to use drip-feed is given on the DynaPath website under 'Control Support.'

Thanks for the input. I will set it up for drip feed this afternoon and try to start the program assuming the the lamp is not working. Most programs that I run are drip fed due to size. Any other ideas are welcomed.

Seems to me I remember line 2 &3 being swapped on the Tree's with Dynapath. They were opposite the Okumas and Fanucs we had. Parallel port maybe?

2 and 3 are swapped on the dynapath and I think 5 is the Clear to send. Should'nt I be able to set the control up to receive a program and see a 5 volt signal on the 5 pin? 20 is Data terminal ready, should it be 5 volts high as well?