Hi all
This is my first post on this site and before I go on I would like to say “thanks to every one on here for making this the excellent forum which it is”. Not sure if I can contribute anything at this time but hopefully will in the future (qualified wood machinist for 18 years, cnc building beginner and electronics dummy).
With the help of other posts and a Hobbycnc plan I have nearly completed building the mechanics of a MDF cnc router (no problem so far thanks to this forum).
Now it comes to the electronics of my project my head has began to spin. So much info out there, so many choices and many hours of reading really need some help please.
I made the big mistake of buying a so called part built Hobbycnc kit from ebay (which got me started in the first place). What I got was this.
Plans to built the router, 3 different lengths of trapezoidal 3mm pitch with anti backlash nuts, 2 lengths or 12mm shaft, 3 Shinano Kenshi unipolar 6 wire stepper motors (rated 5.1V, 1A, 4 phase at 5.1 OHMS per phase and holding torque 59.7 OZ-IN.MIN), 24V 10A psu, very old by the look of it Hobbycnc 3 axis board and 1 or 2 other bits and bobs.
I’ve scraped the board and am now looking for something to replace it. After a lot of reading this is what I’m thinking. Buying a Xylotex XS-3525/8S-3 3 axis bipolar drive board.

Will this board drive my steppers (if not will buy some bipolar steppers to replace them).Hoping to work with MDF and Ply?

Other than hardware (cables, switches and my PC) will I need any other boards or electronic components for this to work?

Thank you to anyone who helps in advance any help will be very much appreciated.
Really hope I put this in the right place ) .