586,123 active members*
3,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > How I fixed my Chinese TB6560 controller (updated)
Page 36 of 45 263435363738
    Quote Originally Posted by modric View Post
    Thanks for reply. I didn't know that. I will also power active heat sink on chips directly fom power supply. I sow people wrote it is because bad gnd. I have blue tb6560AHQ driver from china. Do you know is this driver also affected with this things from this thread?
    I think that most of the discussion in this thread has been about the blue TB6560AHQ driver boards.

May be I am on the wrong thread.
    My steppers are 1.8 deg (200 pulses per rev)
    Fired up my blue board TB6560 with all the mods done.
    The steppers miss really bad on 1 step, not much better on 1/2 step.
    Seem to cruse on 1/8 step and 1/16 step full motion.
    I cannot see any relationship between step size and the pulse applied and the motion (rotation) created.
    I thought 1 pulse = 1.8 deg thus 200 pulses per rev.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers Philby

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
    I think that most of the discussion in this thread has been about the blue TB6560AHQ driver boards.
    Thanks. I was asking that because Neon22 wrote on page 55:

"Replacements:
    The replacement design for this chip is the TB6564AHQ also called THB6064AH. It handles 40V instead of 30V and does not have startup sequence problems. It is not pin compatible with the 6560HQ."

Hi, I recently bought one of these blue tb6560 3 axis boards. Sorry I am just starting out and its a bit confusing I thought I`d just plug it all in and try it out and then build the cnc router and start making g codes .But the board all the light come on and the steppers don`t move and can't be moved by hand I have done all the setting on the DATA SHEET from http://www.fozztexx.com/CNC/HY-TB3DV-M_3Axis_Driver.pdf but still it wont do any think so I do not now were to start from so have any one got any ideas how to fix it.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by ding512 View Post
    The steppers miss really bad on 1 step, not much better on 1/2 step.
    Seem to cruse on 1/8 step and 1/16 step full motion.
    Full and half step tends to vibrate. That can cause the motor to skip. Lower vibration is the primary advantage of microstepping. I use 8 microsteps on my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelcc View Post
    To be honest, I don't understand what you are saying. Perhaps you can rephrase your post.

12V is not enough. You need 24V. not so many amps. maybe 15...

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    Full and half step tends to vibrate. That can cause the motor to skip. Lower vibration is the primary advantage of microstepping. I use 8 microsteps on my machine.
    Thanks H500
    1/8 works great. Sorted the steps per rev out. Mach 3 works it out 200*8=1600 pulses per rev. if you enter the data correctly and hit SAVE!
    X and Y steppers now work great. Z is still missing steps. I am learning to hate this board.
    If I didn't have a SM rework station this board would be in the bin by now.

Try setting mach's pulse width to 5uS.

If that don't work, put the z motor on the x drive. Do the problem follow the motor or the electronics?

Try setting mach's pulse width to 5uS.

If that don't work, put the z motor on the x drive. Do the problem follow the motor or the electronics?
    HI H500.
    It was the electronics, not the motor.
    I was trying to keep the opto's, what a waste of time.
    Pulled them all out except the Enable ones and hard wired the 74HC14 to the TB6560 control pins.
    All is good. Now it does what I tell it to do.
    I cannot understand how this product has been around for so long and they have not fixed it.

The mods done are:
    Isolate all 3 TB6560 heat sinks (heat sink tape).
    Remove the Ma Mb Diodes and replace with fuses and a switch to turn the motors on and off.
    Change the 1000pf chip caps on the osc to 330pf
    Remove and bridge the opto's for Clk and Cw/Ccw. Leave the Enable opto's in place. (for now)
    The steppers are working well under Mach3. No missed steps. Looks good.

More mods are needed. The 12V regulator needs to be isolated from 24V stepper supply. Gets way to hot!!
    In my case all it is doing is running the fan on the heat sink.
    The 5 V regulator is just warm.

Something I don't understand is:
    Parallel port, computer is turned on. No power to the TB6560 board.
    The 5V led on the TB6560 lights up. I cannot find where the 5V is coming from.
    What a **** of a board@!!!

the printerport !

when a printerport pin is high (logic 1)
    current will flow out of the printer port pin and through the 74HC14's input protection circuit
    and out of the IC's +5V supply pin !

I'd expect you will find 3 to 4 V on pin 14 of the 74HC14's

John

Quote Originally Posted by john_100 View Post
    the printerport !

when a printerport pin is high (logic 1)
    current will flow out of the printer port pin and through the 74HC14's input protection circuit
    and out of the IC's +5V supply pin !

I'd expect you will find 3 to 4 V on pin 14 of the 74HC14's

John
    Thanks John.
    Well I have sent this board to the junk box.
    I bought 3 * TB6600 controllers and a break out board.
    They work as smooth as silk straight out of the box.
    No overheating, Just perrrrr fect. :-)

Now to get on with the real job. Mill some objects.
    Thanks for all your help
    Cheers
    Ding

Quote Originally Posted by nigelcc View Post
    Hi, I recently bought one of these blue tb6560 3 axis boards. Sorry I am just starting out and its a bit confusing I thought I`d just plug it all in and try it out and then build the cnc router and start making g codes .But the board all the light come on and the steppers don`t move and can't be moved by hand I have done all the setting on the DATA SHEET from http://www.fozztexx.com/CNC/HY-TB3DV-M_3Axis_Driver.pdf but still it wont do any think so I do not now were to start from so have any one got any ideas how to fix it.

Nigel, are you using Mach3? If so, make sure your operating system is 32-bit as I was having the exact same problem on Windows 7 64-bit. Changing to Windows XP 32-bit solved the problem. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by yusuft View Post
    Nigel, are you using Mach3? If so, make sure your operating system is 32-bit as I was having the exact same problem on Windows 7 64-bit. Changing to Windows XP 32-bit solved the problem. Hope this helps.
    Nigel have a look at all the posts. You need to make major mods to this board to get it going.
    I did all the mods and it worked, but not happy with the performance.
    If you don't have a SMD workstation it will be difficult to fix this board.
    Save yourself a lot of grey hair and get 3 * TB6600 Stepper controllers and a break out board.
    The TB6560 is not worth the headache's.
    Cheers
    Ding

OOH! Not again, these Chinese TB6560 controllers

Hi Ding,

Toshiba TB6560AHQ chip 'Japan' has it's issues running with MACH3. A noticeable problem is a hissing sound
    when MACH3 initialises this PWM chip, you can only clear this by jogging all stepper axis by as small
    as a single step!. If unchecked this will surely cause your steppers to over HEAT.

Although the Chinese has brought us The Good, Bad and Evil, we find in these products, we must watch
    out when medical drugs starts popping out all over! Our greed with cheap and lowest bidder will surely
    drive a nail in our coffin.

Have we thrown Caution out of the window?.

Hans.

Hi I wonder if anyone could help?

I've got a tb6560 and I had problems with 1 axis chip which had blown so I bought two and replaced the faulty one then the y axis went so I replaced the chip which wasn't at fault.

Is there anything else you can suggest??

Quote Originally Posted by Wes296 View Post
    Hi I wonder if anyone could help?

I've got a tb6560 and I had problems with 1 axis chip which had blown so I bought two and replaced the faulty one then the y axis went so I replaced the chip which wasn't at fault.

Yep, short answer is scrap it and buy a G540, long answer is read through the previous 700 odd posts on trying to fix this crap controller just in this thread. There's also another thread about as long which is easily searchable, that may help you, but unless your somewhat reasonably proficient in basic electronics, I suspect you may have trouble.

These controllers have numerous issues, not the least of which is a universally bad design and peculiar power up/down sequences, that tend to destroy the IC's.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Yep, short answer is scrap it and buy a G540, long answer is read through the previous 700 odd posts on trying to fix this crap controller just in this thread. There's also another thread about as long which is easily searchable, that may help you, but unless your somewhat reasonably proficient in basic electronics, I suspect you may have trouble.

These controllers have numerous issues, not the least of which is a universally bad design and peculiar power up/down sequences, that tend to destroy the IC's.

cheers, Ian
    Hi, yes I'm quite proficient with basic electronics. I hadn't seen any of the other problems listed on this thread however I am wondering if there are any other weak components which I could test or look at replacing to narrow down why it's doing it, I've tested everything I can think of. I would buy a G540 in long term but for what my CNC is used for t the moment it doesn't warrant the money spent on it. Thanks for your help I will try to locate the thread you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes296 View Post

In what way is it malfunctioning?

In what way is it malfunctioning?
    Motor won't move, there is no power. I have tried swapping all the steppers around to prove it wasn't them. I get the light come on when the axis is being asked to move just no power. I've tested all the opto isolators and there is no problem there. There is a brand new TB6560AHQ in there too as I had a spare.

Thanks.

Page 36 of 45 263435363738