586,103 active members*
3,082 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Small quantity Acrylic/Clear Plastic Sheets with Simple Cuts

Small quantity Acrylic/Clear Plastic Sheets with Simple Cuts

I don't have a drawing now but the design is very simple. 18"x12" acrylic sheet with 6x drilled holes and a 8.5x11x0.060" depression milled in the center. I'm located in LA and commute to OC often so something in that area would be best. Feel free to suggest a material easier to machine than acrylic - must be a plastic and preferably clear.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybgood3 View Post
    I don't have a drawing now but the design is very simple. 18"x12" acrylic sheet with 6x drilled holes and a 8.5x11x0.060" depression milled in the center. I'm located in LA and commute to OC often so something in that area would be best. Feel free to suggest a material easier to machine than acrylic - must be a plastic and preferably clear.

Thanks in advance.
    I am in Montana, but would be interested if you couldn't find someone close.

I'm in Arizona and would also like to quote and shipping would be really cheap. Let us know if your interested and we can work through this with you. Thanks

Sure that would be fine, I don't mind having it shipped. Could you guys provide an estimate of the order of magnitude I'm looking at in terms of the price plus what quantity discounts would be?

How many machined sheets do you need? I also have better materials in mind that are a million or more times stronger and easier to machine then your acrylic.

I need very few.. At first I will get just one at a time until I verify that the design actually works as intended. Afterwards I will probably buy a few at a time given that I expect them to wear down over time.

I've attached a DWG of 8 drill holes and counterbores I want added to a 1/2" thick piece of Acrylic or other plastic you. This is a slight change from my original request.
    Attached Files Attached Files