586,117 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

g540.xml ????????????

Just wondered if you could answer a question for me. I have purchased most of the recommended electronics on page 57 of Crevice reamers site. I am having trouble loading the G540 .xml file from gecko. Would you mind walking me through the process.

If I go to the gecko website and click on the file all I get is a great long line of text. I can't seem to copy the text and save it in a folder, How exactly to I transfer it to my cnc computer and input the file/folder, etc. Most other comments say download it, then save it in C:\mach3 as and .xml. That much I get, but I can't seem to get it in either a file format or any downloadable form.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe View Post
    Just wondered if you could answer a question for me. I have purchased most of the recommended electronics on page 57 of Crevice reamers site. I am having trouble loading the G540 .xml file from gecko. Would you mind walking me through the process.

If I go to the gecko website and click on the file all I get is a great long line of text. I can't seem to copy the text and save it in a folder, How exactly to I transfer it to my cnc computer and input the file/folder, etc. Most other comments say download it, then save it in C:\mach3 as and .xml. That much I get, but I can't seem to get it in either a file format or any downloadable form.

Thank you very much.
    Right click on the green link and choose "Save link as". It will probably go to your Windows Download directory. Then move it to the Mach3 directory.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    Right click on the green link and choose "Save link as". It will probably go to your Windows Download directory. Then move it to the Mach3 directory.

CarveOne

.................................I feel stupid. Thanks

ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, when I am not running anything, but mach3 is on should the motor be making noise? Not much just sounds like feedback/ static coming from the motor?

Is that normal or not?

Thank you.

The .xml download process is detailed here:
    http://crevicereamer.com/Page_101.html

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.