586,345 active members*
3,195 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > In need of a metal-capable machine for around $3000

In need of a metal-capable machine for around $3000

Hello all,

I've been looking for a machine capable of milling metal (mostly aluminum) along with plastic and wood. I've been given a budget of about $3000, though I may be able to go a little higher. The workable table size should be about 2 feet by 2 feet minimum, and only a couple inches of Z travel is needed.

If anyone would be able to give any suggestions on a machine, any help would be appreciated.

Too bad, two years ago I know a fellow I used to work with, ask me to selling his CNC Lagun machine for $50(yes it's still in working condition). I think he still have it, but ........

Anyway, why don't look up Enco they should have some thing in your budget.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Smile JCUT-6090A cnc machine

Dear ,
    Glad to meet you on CNC ZONE.
    Dear, for your work , you can use our JCUT-6090A cnc machine , please check the information of this machine in our ebay , the link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT, this machine now we just offer at 2888USD , and offer free shipping cost.

Dear, as you want to miller metal , so the spindle of the machine i suggest you had better choose 2.2kw , and no problem we can make the z travel at a couple inches. ok , please send your email address or skype or msn to me ,then i will send some pictures of the machine and samples to your email box. thanks in advance.

My msn is [email protected]
    Phone: 0086-531-82374653
    Regards
    Mandy

We purchased a JCUT-6090A last fall, and while it has performed well overall, not everything is level. There is an angle of about 1/16 of an inch Z over 16 X inches and about 1/32 of an inch Z over 16 Y inches. Due to this, I'm left prying the 'padding' off of the table's aluminum extrusions and will soon be sanding the hardened glue off so I can glue down strips of lexan, which will be machined flat relative to the bit.

This machine has worked fine for most things, but this issue has delayed circuit board engraving for the time being.

J-cut is the worst kind of machine supplier. Recently got machine with horrible packing. The machine broke the bottom of the bare minimum supports a the legs of the machine was hanging out when it arrived at our port. What is worse, no grease on linear guides and ballscrews, which lead to very bad rusting. The paint job was very amateurish. Whats more, J-cut refuses to send the parts and demands payment for the broken and rusted parts.

Guys, please be extra careful, seems to me that it is a scam company.