586,103 active members*
3,190 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Any price info on new OL-1 Office Lathe from Haas?

Any price info on new OL-1 Office Lathe from Haas?

I'm interested in the yet to be released OL-1 Office Lathe from Haas. No pricing info or release date on their web site, just pictures & specs. Anyone here have any more info?

Ed

35k base price, I saw the mill and lathe at the WESTEC show. Very cute machines till you find out the price tag.

Bummer - I was hoping it would be a breakthrough machine in the $20K-$25K range. Guess I need to look at other options.

Well that isn't an official price just what the guy at the booth (Haas rep) told me.

Cross your fingers, it still has a ways to go before it hits the showrooms, maybe they will find a way to get it down.

Personally I think they would sell like hotcakes at 10-15k to hobby guys all over.

I think at 35k you might as well get a tool room mill, or VMC for that matter.

Anyone who needs to do rapid prototyping of small parts would be looking at a 3d printer for less than 35k, I don't see who is going to buy these things at that price.

It sounds like you're referring to the Haas Office Mill. Did they quote you $35K for the Office Lathe, Office Mill, or are they $35K each?

Also, did they indicate a release date?

I agree, if they met a price point below $20K then they would gain a lot of new customers who otherwise would not jump into CNC.

Ed

That was the price for the mill or lathe, they will be priced the same from what he told me just like the TM-1 and the TL-1. Lots of options too, like coolant (?), 50,000 rpm air spindles, all kinds of fancy stuff. The mill they had there was taking ring blanks off of the lathe onto a 4th axis and engraving Haas into one side.

He said December 05 est. I don't know why the wait...the ones they had there were cooking for four days straight.

Another cool point. The mill used these little tiny CAT tool holders with retention knobs, and had a tool changer. The tool holder looked like something a CNC guy would have on his keychain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-001S.JPG  

Check the new Haas website for pricing and options. Pricing for the OL-1 and OM-1 starts at $34,999. Crazy if you ask me. For production turning your better off getting a SL-10 for $39,900 or for one offs a TL-1 for $20,000.