586,106 active members*
3,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori Dura Vertical

Has anyone experienced the transfer password? My customer bought this mill from a company back east, upon power up I was prompted for a password. When I called Mori I was told only a dealer's tech or a Mori tech could put in the password. I find this to be a crock of s__t! Does anyone know how to defeat this?

The purpose of the password is that Mori's machines cannot be located in unauthorized countries, like Iran and Iraq (http://www.nti.org/e_research/e3_90.html).
    Mori's machines are too acurate and could be used to produce nuclear weapons and components. So, unfortunatly, Mori needs to keep track of where their machines are located. The only way to clear the password is to send the Inquiry ID and the machine serial number to a certified Mori distributor and have them come out and load the password.
    Don't know if after the warranty is up, if Mori can permanently disable the password function. Maybe that's a good question to ask Mori.
    Hope this helps.

jaherrera3499 is correct the reason we fit this RMS function is so customers don't buy a machine then ship it to unauthorized countries.
    you will need to contact your local dealer or Mori TC and ask them to come and visit to input the password.
    this cannot be disabled either!!!!

and its not a crock of s__t!

Matty :wave:

And the latest version requires GPS from a factory/dealer service tech only. There should be a transfer form with the manuals you will need to fill out. It is not a crock of S**t either. That machine can be made in to multi axis, with great accuracy. Better a service call than someone making Nukes to send over.

Mori's making Nukes?

You guys probably believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. You need centrifuges and uranium to make nukes not a frigging Mori vertcal mill. I need to end this thread so I don't get worked up over stupidity.

You telling me the tooth fairy doesnt exist..... :bs:

Stupidity?

Hey pal, you asked for an answer and we gave you one. No need to call people names.
    I'm sure that just any ol' CNC will work for you if you don't want a Mori.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    You guys probably believe in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. You need centrifuges and uranium to make nukes not a frigging Mori vertcal mill. I need to end this thread so I don't get worked up over stupidity.

And what the hell do you think they put the material in, a coffee can? Who's stupidity is showing now?

Quote Originally Posted by chiz View Post
    You get worked up over stupidity? I bet you get yourself prettey worked up......