586,080 active members*
3,616 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question file import(again)

could somebody please tell me how to import files from a floppy into turbo cncv4.00? I would be most thankfull for any tips anyone could offer.
    When i open the run from file window and change the directory from C to A all i get is the message "no files and drive empty"
    Thanks!!

swarf,
    By any chance are the file extensions on the floppy "different" than what you have setup in your ini?
    Are the files in the floppy in a "subdirectory" and you need to navigate to that directory?

Another way to do this is to put the files on your hard drive and open them that way (hard drive acess if faster than floppy)
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

I agree with Bubba..... The easyest way is to transfer the files off the floppy to a Dir (folder in windows--- Dir in dos) on the hard drive. Then I fire up turbocnc and load the file I need to run. So far I have not had a file that was to large for a floppy. I also have a cdrom in my laptop that I use so I could use that if one ever gets big enough not to fit on a floppy.

For transfering files, I use one of those thumb drives. Unfortunately, I cannot find any dos usb drivers so I have to fire up windows to make the transfer, but to me it is worth it not to have to mess with floppys which sometimes don't like to work.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

I dedicated an old Compaq P75 laptop with expansion box to my tennon CNC. The expansion box had an ISA slot so I stuck a paralell port card in it and shut off the P port on the laptop. It has a small hard drive, no USB connection and always was super slow on booting win95. So it is just a Dos machine now. Floppys or CD are the only means to transfer file for me.

I have though about using a compact flash because I ran accross dos drivers a while back for that sort of thing. And you can get an adaptor that fits into the PCMCIA or floppy drive to read them. Just a thought.