586,108 active members*
3,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > SprutCAM / MACH3 tool library conversion utilities

SprutCAM / MACH3 tool library conversion utilities

Hello all,

For all those SprutCAM / MACH3 Tormach users who find maintaining their tool tables a PITA. I've written some file conversion utilities.
    The utilities are:
    1. MACH Tool List Print
    This utility takes a MACH3 tools file (typically tools3.DAT) and outputs "Tool Number", "Tool Description" and "Height" in a comma seperated list.

2. SPRUT / MACH Tool List Sync
    This utility takes a MACH3 tools file (typically tool3.DAT) and a SPRUTCAM tools file (*.csv) and copies the height information into the Sprutcam file.

3. SPRUT / MACH Conversion Utility
    This utility will take a SPRUTCAM tools file (*.csv) and creates a NEW MACH3 tool file. It creates the new file containing the "Tool Number/ID", "Tool Description" and "Height".

Use is free on an as is basis. Don't blame me if put your mill spindle through your vice because the tools converted some erroneous data. It's up to you to check your tool values!!!

You can find the utilities at:
    http://www.nteczone.com/conv/

If you have any comments or find errors please let me know.

Regards, Christian

Does it sync them auto or do you have to drag and drop the files every time ?

I don't own sprutcam yet, but do plan on buying it once I'm a little more advanced. I made a tool height doc in google docs, but am having to manually update the Mach TT. It's not that big of a deal, but if I forget then you know what happens ... (nuts)

You have to select the files each time. To do it automatically means that the website would have to access your computer and remember what's on it. I don't want to go down that path.