586,119 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Adjusting CRT Monitor side to side

Adjusting CRT Monitor side to side

Hello to everyone, my 1st post so I must apologize in advance for any mistakes that I might make during this post.

The issue we are encountering is with a model year 2000 Haas VF-2 CRT monitor. We have located the adjustment for the up and down part of the monitor display. But our problem is with the text being off side to side, in specific the text is cluttered to operators left.
    I know many of you, more experienced machinist, have already addressed this issue. Would you please instruct me on how to adjust the screen from side to side?

Welcome!
    I had this problem on both VF-4's. The text became illegible as you entered the first couple characters. I was told that there was no adjustment for it, the CRT's needed to be replaced. So they were.
    Apparently I don't know anything, so please verify my suggestions with my wife.

Faulty CRT

If the image is cut off, then there is no adjustment. The adjustment will move the cut off image as a whole. This is an indication of a faulty CRT that needs to be replaced.

I think there are knobs on the monitor rack inside the pendant. Not positive, though... I replace the tube in mine a couple of years, ago and sort of remember being able to adjust it somehow. I'd look but that is too many screws for me to turn out. I know my FADAL has knobs on the monitor (pendant has a latch on the back) rack.