586,082 active members*
3,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry MAYDAY, 5T, THIS IS REDICULOUS!!

Okay, I moved my "running" old Pratt/Whitney cnc lathe down south, and I guess it misses CT!! Ran fine before dissconnect. Put it in place in its new home, powers up, but the spindle will not run/jog. Takes the command in either m04/m03 "thinks" its running, it will even run through a program with no alarm! Damn machine really thinks the spindle is on! Anyways. I've checked everything from phase rotation, to every safety, chuck closure, air pressue, ect. No alarms or anything. Then last fri, did my daily routine, zero-ed it in, MDI a spindle and rpm command, and poof!! She came to life! Actually ran parts all day! But guess what? It has not started since! Back to the same issue with the machine thinking its running, but will not start! I'm ready to take a sledge hammer to this thing! Anybody have any ideas?? It must be something simple, it ran Friday, so I imagine its not too far off. Anyone, please help me save my sanity!:drowning:

Pull each board and slide it in and out of the connections a couple of times and check each wire terminal. Trucking can and will loosen screws and connections. Pull the connectors on the motors and reconnect a couple of times. Check all the connectors on the motor. Since it ran you must have a bad connection. Also check the terminals on the control side.
    Good luck

new problem today... spindle still has not come back on... now for some reason its acting up zeroing in on z-axis, checked the microswitch, and its fuctioning fine. Sometimes it will zero right in, and sometimes it will overtavel while zeroing in, and sometimes after about 50 tries!! It will work again. I have been cycling a little programm all day with hopes of something working its way out and the spindle might come back on. But now I got this z-axis glitch! Sometimes you can hit cycle start, and even if the rapids are all the way down, she will take right off, full speed ahead and not stop until it crashes or hits the overtravel switch!! What the hell??!! I'm about to drag this machine out back and bury it!! Anyone have any advice on what to look for?? PLEASE!!