586,512 active members*
3,675 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

lose steps Flash Cut 2000M

Hello everybody!

I've been using a model FashCut 2000m since 2003.
    During this period, there were minor problems, but they were solved by my own.
    I used the driver box and the signal generator and software V1.61 for my home-made cnc machine. http://igor-jet.narod.ru/My_cnc.html

So I had to change the settings of electronics.
    Now I use FashCut 2000m again.
    I found the loss steps. I've tried to return all the settings that I've used before but it has not produced results. (In the picture below you can see my setup now)
    I've lowered the current that goes to the stepper motors up to 1125 mA. Skipping steps decreased, but all the same thing happens.
    Help me to understand please. What is the width of the pulses should be chosen? And what the current is usually chosen in the driver box for 2A step motor?

My controller V 2.0.3 rev G
    My driver box 500-080-111102
    x-axis: 2035
    y-axis: 2035
    z-axis: 2035
    a-axis: 2035
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my_controller.jpg   drBox.jpg   settings.PNG  

you should have a default setup file for the 2000m. but i can also say if you have not used that mill in awhile. take it apart and lube the ways and screws. i have a sherline with flashcut control and the small steppers are too small i could never get over 15 inches per min.

Thank you, Powerr
    I wrote about problems connected with FlashCut. No answer yet. Perhaps it is difficult for them too. The fact that I tried to do the setting according to instructions as soon as I bought a machine. But it was not working at all. It worked only with setting, which I have indicated in a previous article in the picture ("setting").
    Perhaps my signal generator does not fit for my driver box.
    Now the machine works well with the short programs (30 minutes). I do not know how to work with a great program.
    Maybe I've removed the cause of crossing steps.
    I noticed that the connectors on the extension cables to the stepper motors are hot. Perhaps there was a bad contact. This is a factory extension cords, the connectors are in shrink tube.
    I cut these connectors and soldered wires.
    The machine works for 48 hours with short programms without step loss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motor signal setup.jpg   puls width.jpg   rSetting.jpg  

the connections could have been the problem. they should never get hot. Flash cut will get back with you. but i always get through with a phone call. but that may be more expensive for you than me.

Issue has been resolved. My computer sometimes faltering.
    This can be seen when the machine was running in step mode ...