586,102 active members*
2,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > New (to us) Kitamura HX400i

New (to us) Kitamura HX400i

We just installed a 2002 Kitamura HX400i horizontal in the shop and are working our way through the resurrection issues.

So far most of the nit picky stuff has been fixed, but were hung up on a couple parts. The pin doesn't seem to release that allows the setup pallet to rotate manually. Any idea if it releases by gravity, air or hydraulics? It seems to lock just fine.

We're getting a servo 8 alarm on 1 axis. I'm a bit concerned as to how to troubleshoot it simply because swapping components might open up a whole new can of worms. There are dual ball screws driving each axis, and I'd hate to get them out of sync.

Any HX400 users on the forum?

The pin works with air. They start sticking once a year or so.

You can either spray a bunch of lubricant at the same time as you press the button, or remove the panel under the door and disassemble it. Remove the panel below and it will become pretty apparent how it works.

J

PS. We have an HX300i, but I believe the 400 is very similar.

Turns out the pin had come separated from the bolt on the end of the air cylinder. A simple fix. I found it while fixing the chip conveyer auger. Some bozo drilled holes to drain coolant out of the pallet load area right over the chip conveyer motor....

All I can say is this machine seriously kicks butt, and the Kitamura techs are the best I've had the pleasure to work with. We bought a used machine, yet they have given us ample support and provided all the documentation we need to reurrect this machine. Parts are readily available, and the level of tech support is nothing short of outstanding.

Compared to Mazak, Mazak support is what it is anyway... virtually useless. I'd buy another kitty in a heartbeat.

my employer just bought one too, used think is a 2001, so far its been real gem i think is been abused or and idiot service man had his way, it leaks coolant like a siv, we have been going thru it, found that spanner nuts on 3 ballscrews had come loose, the ones that tension the screw they are like 5-6 in dia, the y axis on the operator side completly fell off, i cant see how that would have come off over years of use, but i would give it a check, we found piles of chips under the z axis waycovers, the previous user must have loved hog mills i got plenty stuck my hands, other than that the machines construction is tits, the spindle housing is frickn huge like 12in, also love the 3speed head should have plenty of torque in any rpm range hope we can get this thing to work properly so i can see what it can do
    also looks like sombody rigged the chiller lines, does urs have a bypass hose going from the oil outlet in the back of the chiller (when viewed from the back of the machine) to the oil inlet? i just cant see how the oil is getting circulated properly thru the spindle head if there is a bypass hose directly behind the chiller makes no sense to me

do you have to put a m900 at the begining of a program without getting a alarm that says m900 start line only?
    i havent seen what this does in the book, and ive never used a machine that needed it?
    its not user defined either i checkd the parameters for the m code macro/sub