586,117 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New CNC owner in Jax FL!

I recently purchased a ShopSabre and would like to know if there are any CNC'ers in the North FL area. New to CNC's! I have a 4860 currently figuring out the software.

you should let me come there and show me some stuff =D

Software

Hi Danny,

What software are you running? I am retired and live in Tampa, Florida. I have a HAAS CNC TM-1P Toolroom Mill. I currently utilize ONECNC CAD/CAM software to run the machine.

If you would like any further information you can e-mail me at [email protected]

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by HelicopterJohn View Post
    Hi Danny,

What software are you running? I am retired and live in Tampa, Florida. I have a HAAS CNC TM-1P Toolroom Mill. I currently utilize ONECNC CAD/CAM software to run the machine.

If you would like any further information you can e-mail me at [email protected]

John
    Nice to meet somebody from the tampa area into cncing that have a haas product. I am working on getting a haas mill for my home shop.

Re: New CNC owner in Jax FL!

I am in jacksonville and just completed a pro crp4896

Hi Danny,
    I also recently purchased a ShopSabre Sidekick 8. Mine is plasma / engraver, but I did invest in the duel gantry and had them pre-wire it up for a rotor / spindle. I'm thinking on purchasing CorelDraw7 for my photo / draw to .DFX conversion. Do you use CorelDraw? I'm in the Melbourne, Fl area and would love to keep in touch. Hit me up!

Alan

I used to live in Arlington and still work in Jax, but I live in Green Cove now. I have a Bridgeport CNC mill conversion, a K2 router, and a few Sherlines. I have another big milling machine that used to be a paper tape CNC, but someone converted it back to manual. It has ball screws and would be easy to convert back to CNC if you are looking for one.

One of my neighbors has a 4-5' X 12' CNC router that he built. It is pretty impressive.