586,103 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Clicking "Save" adds a new chain to my toolpath.

Clicking "Save" adds a new chain to my toolpath.

Hi all. I've got a minor problem, or maybe I should say a minor annoyance, that I'd like to share.

I'm programming an operation in X4 for a lathe. I'm using stock recognition on all of my roughing toolpaths.

Toolpath 8 takes place after a stock flip. It has a single chain, but when I click "Save" it gains a second chain.

This second chain interferes with the stock recognition and creates a crash. I can delete the second chain and the program works again.

Here's what things look like when the toolpath is right. You can see that it makes a lot of passes to remove excess stock.

And here's what happens after I click Save. The new, unwanted chain is Chain 16. It's just the fillet in the top center. That fillet is also the last part of Chain 1. Coincidence?

And this is what happens to my toolpath. You can see that it is no longer cutting away all the stock that it should.

I have a workaround for now. I can delete the extra chain, regenerate my operations, and post the gcode without saving the .MCX file. This should give me good gcode.

But this is a very strange problem. Has this happened to anyone else here? Did you find a solution?

Sincerely,
    Fred Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toolpath before save.JPG   toolpath after save.JPG   toolpath after save2.JPG  

It looks really strange, I´ve never seen something like this. Can you zip and attach your mcx file?

I tried it again today, and the problem has gone away.

Wierd...

Fred

hello.

i'm having exactly the same problem, i reported it to my mastercam dealer, but he can't give me no cause to this appening... he was stupified looking at this.

My possible solution is to this is to delete the operation and the geometry of the problematic toolpath. I think that the geometry is corrupted i don't know how.... it's my opinion.