586,036 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Wolfgang Spindle

Greetings,
    I am looking for just a little more output from what the Wolfgang spindle is offering. I only have a small 18"x14" router table which was a PCB router table I converted to Mach 3 with 256 in ounce steppers. From the pictures off the net I think the Taig and Sherline options will be too heavy. I primary want to use the router for find wood and AL engraving.

Would this motor work with the Wolfgang Spindle?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Dennis

Are asking will the motor fit the WG mount? The bearings in the WG are rated at somewhere around 15K. I have a WG spindle and I use it only for light work PCB, Lamicoid etc. I use it because it is more percise than my big Porter Cable. The WG came with a couple of different mounts maybe send Richard an e-mail and ask him. Another thing to look at is the shaft size of the motor as I think you will want to use the same pully.

I ended up getting a small pulley that fit the shaft of a sewing machine motor. Just have to mutilate a sweing machine or buy a sheep one from walmart (if your wife will not part with hers). The foot peddle has a variable speed in it and everything.

The motors uasually have an 8mm shaft and I put a small pulley maybe an inch in diameter on it. then got some poly belts from mcmaster car, made a little mount that would alow me to tighten.

Course since then I've gotten another small spindle (spring loaded engraving spindle, probably 4x the cost of the wg. So I don't use it anymore.

Is he even still selling them on ebay anymore? I'd probably part with mine if someone needs one. It was one of the high end ones with the better bearing setup.

But it's true the motor he sells does not have much guts. I'm not even sure why he botheres selling them with the motor really. The spindle is a work of art then spoiled with the under powered motor.

b.

I'm interested in your WG spindle. I think I sent you a PM but the message system on here is a little behind these days.