586,477 active members*
1,965 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ethernet M70

Ethernet M70

We have a machine that has M70 control. To comunicate the M70 control, Mitsubishi have a software that name is CNC Mitsubishi Explorer that comunicate machine with PC. In machine we adjust some parameters that are by the config of ethernet. The mst important are the IP address, gateway and sub-net mask. I do this procedure in all machines here in Brazil. But, this week it´s not work, because the network is controlled by DHCP and all computer´s and machines in the network must need MAC address. Anybody knows how can i find this MAC address of the board in the machine ??? The people of Mitsubishi in Brazil don´t know how find this address !!!

Thanks a lot

Daniel

Use tcpdump or wireshark to look for an ARP packet when the machine starts up. I don't know if yours will spit one out, but it might.

Even if it does reveal its MAC, the machine may not support DHCP. Convince your network admin that you need a static IP, because it sounds like you do. DHCP can coexist without conflicts, and MAC as a form of access control is very weak (can easily clone them), so there is no technical reason why you can't have a static IP without a MAC restriction (the MAC restriction can also be applied after the machine is online).

If you take the cover off of the control behind the screen you will find the MAC address on the ethernet plug. At least with all of the M70's I have worked with that is where it is.

onthebumper,

Today i do the ethernet communication and find the MAC address. Thank you very much. Work very good.

Daniel

Solved the problem? I have the same problem with my M70.
    Best regards
    Ola