586,069 active members*
3,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEED HELP - MULTICAM 5000 SERIES

HI

I am facing a issue with my machine, the machine shows error as " low air pressure" but when inspected the air flow is accurate and continuous, when i contacted multicam technician he said this might be due to blockage in solenoid valve causing some sensor inactive, he also adviced me to find good hydraulic technician who can fix it of.
    can some one suggest good information abot this issue

Need Help-Multicam 5000 Series

Question when are you getting the low pressure error, is the low pressure error happening when you request to machine to find home or during program run.

problem starts when i am finding home.

Need Help-Multicam 5000 Series

1st thing have you tried to bypass the regulator in the rear of the machine, plug your shop air directly into the machine and try to find home.

If you still get the the low air pressure error, put your shop air back in the regulator assy and reduce the air pressure on the guage down to 85 psi and then lets check to see if the low pressure sensor is out of adjustment, the sensor on the 5000 is PN# 94-01325-00 on the attached pic.

On the sensors end there is small hole that you can take a small flat head screwdriver, clockwise increases the adjustment pressure, counter clockwise decreases.

You also will see on the end of the sensor a small led light, with the light on the air pressure is high enough to complete the circuit, if the light is off the low pressure air signal is tripped, try to adjust this sensor and see if the error goes away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails air manifold et al.jpg  

thanks

i tried what you suggested by fine tuning the pressure switch , i got my machine working well as it was, thanks a lot....