586,106 active members*
2,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CamSoft Products > cnc professional- galil motion card dmc2152

cnc professional- galil motion card dmc2152

I upgraded from cnc plus to cnc professional level 5. Now one of my one of the servo motors on my gantry says it is turned off. I try to move the x axis and an error comes up motor 1 is off, cannot move. The gantry is moved with 2 servo motors labeled xa, and xb. When I used cnc plus they both operated fine. I upgraded, because I was having issues with the fractional pulse counts from the encoders causing the machine to drift out of tolerance. Anyone know where to see if the motor has been turned off in the software somewhere?:idea:

Jerry,

We received your CBK file. We are sending you the files back via e-mail. Check your SPAM folder.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I usually trouble shoot the status of the galil card using the Galil DMCTerminal program.
    You can talk directly to the card with the two letter mnemonics.
    For e.g. TS (Tell Switches) will give the status for the each axis and the overtravel inputs.
    Bit 5 if on indicates the motor is turned off.
    Perhaps the new software is setting bit 5 of that axis?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I'll assume Camsoft fixed you up but answer the question anyway.

Make this little macro

[[MOTORSTATUS]]
    COMMAND MG _MOA 'status of A axis
    RESPONSE \999
    COMMAND MG _MOB 'status of B axis
    RESPONSE \998
    MESSAGE A is \999 B is \998

Now put [MOTORSTATUS] anywhere you'd like to know in your .cbk. A good quick spot to try is in your timer.fil so you can see motor status every time the timer file runs.

Karl

I am trying to rout a keyhole shape in plastic. The hole part is choppy. I am using camsoft cnc pro level 5. any ideas where to look to solve the choppy hole problem?

Smile

Is your hole more like a facetted hole simular to how auto cad draws a circle?
    How many encoder pulses do you have to move your machine 1"? the more marks the better the circle. did you draw your part in AS 3000, or get your program from some other source? Do you use radius only, absolute center of arc, or incremental I and J for the arc center? Is your machine ridgid enough to maintain accuracy at the programmed feed rate? I have a gantry Oxy Fuel that weighs 8000 lbs. at 20 IPM on 1" steel plate the cut quality is as good as a 4000 watt laser. at 60 IPM the motors can not overcome the inertia and the software errors out for overtravel.

My 2 cents!!!
    Cam Soft is a very capable CNC Controller. Their tech support is beyond genius. Keep your maintence paid and they will keep your machine running.
    a cheap investment to have their knowledge and skills on the end of your phone line.
    Good Luck
    The Farmer