586,058 active members*
4,614 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Vectric Cut2d output to Mach3

I can generate gcode files that mach3 can read but the "Output direct to machine" does not work. I get the following two errors:

"Failed to find data on installed version of Mach"
    "Failed to find running instance of Mach"

Has any one gotten this to work?

Question

msimpson99,

What version of Mach3 are you running?

Welcome to the Zone,

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I just downloaded it less than a month ago.

Hello msimpson99,

The Vectric software will automatically send the toolpath data to that version.

Mach3 needs to be running before saving the toolpath.

The link is not designed to actually start Mach3, only load / open the the toolpath data into a running instance.

If you continue to have a problem with this please email - support at vectric.

Tony

As Tony stated, start Mach first then do your output to Mach.
    It works flawlessly on my system.
    Tom

Hello msimpson99,
    This option does work with the latest version of Mach3 as Tony has stated, and I have used this option but wanted to clarify that the computer running the Vectric software is also connected to the machine and being used as the controller and Mach3 is already running and ready to receive the file. After sending the file it should be found loaded into the Mach3 program and ready to run.
    Regards,
    Wes

Before I even made this post I had the both pieces of software up and running on the same computer. Windows 7 OS 32 bit.

IT does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    Before I even made this post I had the both pieces of software up and running on the same computer. Windows 7 OS 32 bit.

IT does not work.
    Hello,
    I did not realize what system you were running, and I am using Win XP on the system connected to the machine, so it works for me but I am not doing it with WIN 7. I did try to send a file from my WIN7 system although I don't have Mach3 installed on this system and I received the same errors you mentioned. Makes me think your system is not allowing the Vectric software to connect to Mach if it is running on the same system. Hopefully someone running WIN7 and using the direct connect feature will respond.
    Regards,
    Wes

Although it is susposed to work, The only way I have had good luck is to save the code fron cut2d to a seperate folder then in Mach3 load the code from that folder, this is what someone suggested and it has worked good. I had the same problem and I feel your right that the "Output direct to machine" does not work correctly. I got the same errors, No one ever responded as to why this happens, perhaps they did respond and I missed it.

-- It was late and I was venting and since the rant in this entry has little to offer. --

Hello Michael,

Your order has been refunded in full and you should have received an email confirming this.

I guess you have seen our reply on the Vectric Forum explaining that Mach3 is not creating the required entries on Windows 7, so the Vectric software cannot make the link. We will contact Mach3 to see what can be done to resolve the issue.

Apologies for this inconvenience, but we were completely unaware that there was a problem with Mach3 creating the required information on Win7. (br1 – did you contact Vectric directly about this issue?)

Tony

To reply to your other concerns.

We recommend exporting files from Corel Draw as EPS – See the FAQ page >

There is also information on the same page about working with DXF files.

For reference - I have checked with our Technical Support Team and we don’t appear to have received any previous correspondence from you on this or the file import issues.

The quickest and easiest way for customers to get answers to questions is to contact Vectric Support – support [ at ] Vectric [ dot ] com

We are 150% behind our products and make every attempt to thoroughly test and verify that the software works as advertised. But sometimes this stuff happens and we will do our best to assist customers.

????

Hello Michael,

Afraid we are unable to fix the problem you have posted on the various Forums and as you appear to be very unhappy with the Vectric products and associated development / support, we feel it is best to cancel your order.

Sorry we couldn't deliver a product that matched your requirements and I would recommend reviewing alternative solutions.

Regards,

Tony McKenzie
    Vectric Ltd

did you contact Vectric directly

(br1 – did you contact Vectric directly about this issue?)

No but I did I ask the question Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:58 am, in the Vectric Form.
    My question is why do I get an error failed to attach to Mach, then failed to find a running instance of Mach. I receive these when I have posted some code then go back into the program (cut 2d) and change something then attempt to save. I know the work around but that is to zero the table and shut down Mach3 then bring it back up (of course saving the fixture offsets), and go back into cut 2d and make changes then re post , I would like to avoid having to shut down Mach3 every time I want to make a simple change. Perhaps It is not allowed to do this but say I want to create a new file and add a DXF file, run the program and want to add another DXF file. Why should I have to shut everything down to do this or do I have and issue with the software.? The response I got was:
    Hello,
    It kind of looks like Cut2D is trying to communicate with Mach3 as in a data transmission? Are you sending the files directly to Mach3? You may need to de-select the check box to 'Output direct to machine' on the save toolpaths window until you are ready to send the file?
    I have not been using the direct output option myself.

So I was aware there was an issue but after paying the loot to get going with my business, I looked for another route to solve the issue and get on with life, rather than calling the company and asking directly. This has also made me think about the upgrade to the bigger better, but with known issues I can not justify it. But what I have, I must say, works as well for what I paid, the program, that is the whole program, itself, is not bad at all.

OK here is what I have so far. Its not so much as a bug but some missing or incorrect registry entries with Mach3 on windows 7.

Vectric has advised me that it cant be resolved and has offered to refund my money. This is understandable since they dont control the Mach3 software.

While this is a feature I want I am not willing to give up on Vectric for lack of it. So I will move forward.

Now that said due to my post on the Vectric Forum and individual has taken the WinXP registry settings and moved them to windows 7 and seems to have fixed the problem.

He sent me the settings and I will attempt to do the same. IF this works I will shoot an email to both Vectric and Artsoft in hopes they can work out a fix.

I applied the 4 registry entries to MAch3 and it is now working. I can now make a change in Cut2D and post them directly to Mach3. Esentualy what it looks like it does is saves the gcode to a directory as normal then tells MAch3 where to go and get the file.

Saves lots of key clicks. Very important form me since I am trying to convert a bunch of laser cut objects in corel draw to working Gcode.

For the $149 I paid for Cut2D this seems to be the easyest and seamless aproach.

Good I am glad someone pursued this as this will make the programs work together as planned by the designers. I would like to know what the 4 registry entries were, I understand why someone wouldn't want to as someone who doesen't understand registry editing could get in trouble, but I do and want to make my software work correctly as well. But if not I have the workaround I can use. I made my changes to the registry as well and it seems to work however I had to do it to windows xp, and just would like to compare notes so to speak. Would this be possible? Or is the case closed?

I am with br1, please post the regitry entries so if anyone else runs into this problem then they can search the posts and find this thread and the outcome that was reached.
    That someone could be me in a year or two......
    Thanks for sharing,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by br1 View Post
    Good I am glad someone pursued this as this will make the programs work together as planned by the designers. I would like to know what the 4 registry entries were, I understand why someone wouldn't want to as someone who doesen't understand registry editing could get in trouble, but I do and want to make my software work correctly as well. But if not I have the workaround I can use. I made my changes to the registry as well and it seems to work however I had to do it to windows xp, and just would like to compare notes so to speak. Would this be possible? Or is the case closed?
    Hello Ben,

Vectric have contacted Mach3 to make them aware of the problem, and they are looking at how to fix this. More information will be posted when available.

Your original post on the Vectric Forum is almost certainly related to something different. You posted the question in the April 2009, but Windows 7 was not released until the October of 2009 + your error messages are from Windows XP. The problem being discussed here is specifically related to Mach3 running under Windows 7.

Please email - support [ at ] vectric [ dot ] com - with details of the operating system, version of Mach3 and what error messages you are seeing. The support team will then do what they can to take care of you.

Tony

Thanks Tony,
    I understand, I was able to fix it to fit my needs myself, with a registry entry edit so all is good here. My question was why do I get an error failed to attach to Mach, then failed to find a running instance of Mach. I was using windows xp so you are right that the recent problem was related to windows 7 and I should not have chimed in. It was not hard to fix but I wanted to find out if the fix I made was basiclly the same. I have put this behind me and will continue making parts as usual thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 2 12