586,089 active members*
3,948 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CR Onsrud CNC

Trying to find a local technician for a CR Onsrud 288G18 CNC/Router. I also need to find repair parts for the Air Mist and Oiler. Our office is located in Mentor Ohio. Any help with either of these would be greatly appreciated.

call onsrud in troutman nc. they are famous for good service
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

C R Onsrud is the best router made, in my opinion. In most cases the parts have the origional lables and part numbers on them from the manufacturer. If not call them they will get you going. Here's their number (704) 528-4528.

I would try Rob Young at CMS 440-543-6784. Or you can Mueller in Cincy. They used to be a Onsrud rep, so they know the product and reps.

I don't know what those previous respondents are smoking, but I have multiple different brands of CNC routers, and can say that Onsrud has the worst service. Northwoods is much easier to deal with, and is priced fairly. Weeke is about the same price as Onsrud (very expensive), but they customer service is FAR, FAR better.

My competitor has the same unit, and amazingly, his OSAI controller failed at the same time mine did. Getting a replacement was a total hassle, with the wrong parts being shipped, not programmed correctly, and not backed up correctly at the factory. I have yet to hear of anyone with a CROnsrud product that was not out of production for at least 3 weeks. Hard to justify the $250,000 machine with 10% downtime.

What you will find is that trying to get the right person on the phone is virtually impossible. Then you have to make the separate phone calls to actually make the order for the parts. Then you get to play techician roulette, because they don't have someone available for the next month, so you have to settle for a production line worker willing to get some frequent flyer points and overtime. After two or three days of no progress, and finding the parts are not correct (again), you can call and start the process over. If you want to experience REAL frustration, wait til you need their help.

Good luck.

CR Onsrud Policy for Support on Pre-Owned machines

Mark,

There's a pretty clear policy that the new owner of a pre-owned CR Onsrud must follow or complete, in order can get themselves access to the same level of support & training that owners of new machines receive. It's basically Onsrud's way of trying to prevent themselves from attempting the impossible; and, trying to train somebody to use the machine over the telphone.

You'll find the support very limited to just basic machine/parts questions until the criteria for the necessary training and startup have been met by the end user. If you have a situation like this again, I'd urge you to encourage the end-user of the machine to meet the criteria that will make their experience (and thus your's) much better & more productive. I have a copy of thier policy. Feel free to email me off forum, if you'd like me to send it to you. It seems pretty reasonable and fair when you read it.

Thanks,

Tom