586,379 active members*
3,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    The flexible hours aren't quite as flexible as you guys may think. On Monday and Wednesday I leave a half hour early and Tuesday and thursday I stay over a half hour to make up the time. I appreciate all your input it makes me feel like I deserve more my boss is never in though(new baby keeps him busy) so I gotta wait till he comes in some day to ask for the raise. Some of you said I should be making 18 so I think I'm going to ask for either 16 or 17 just so I show them some credit for the flexible hours and they do pay for my school books(800-1000per year).

I've never asked for a raise before lol I'm just going to say I can't work for such low wages anymore if he can't pay me what I want I'm going to find someone who will.

When you ask for a raise remember not to tell them why you need a raise because of your specific situation (they don't care)... tell them why you need it for *their* situation. In other words tell them why you're worth the money to the company... what you can do for them. They don't care what they can do for you.

One thing as well: if you get another job I'd be cautious about accepting a retention offer from your current employer. I did this and it created a lot of resentment amongst the other workers.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

forget the other workers; if any were offered retention, you reckon they'd pass it up ? Your income is not any of their business- and your employer has an obligation to maintain your confidentiality.

Thats way too low....in a production plant you would be making maintenance wages...$20-25 an hour...

got 2 friends that do about the same job as you and both are in that range of pay
    http://www.g0704.blogspot.com/

i got my raise.. I asked for 17/hr and he tried to compromise with me a few times, so i told him that if he thought i was making a fair salary then he should have no problem finding someone to come in and replace me for the same salary i make now. and after i made it sound like i was going to find a new job if he didnt give me the raise he jumped on board and agreed. so im happy....for now

Glad to hear things worked out for you. I liked the way you turned it around on him ( "if you think it is fair then you should have no problem finding a replacement"- love it, may borrow that sometime).

I'll give ya $20 hr if you wanna work in the CA Bay Area. :bat:

you could barely afford to live on 20$/hr let alone pay off student loans in the bay area :stickpoke

JTCUSTOMS

In Norway a guy like you would easly make 30usd.
    I have a bachelor degree and some other papers and i make about 50usd, I could get more but I realy like may place and freedom at work.
    We have 5weeks holiday in Norway, healtcare, good retirment, clean water without sulfur, free school and a lot off other things you guy's don't have in US.
    Things are a bit more expensive but I still have mor monye in my pocket than I would have in US.
    Runar Holm, Norway
    www.maxmekker.com

Page 2 of 2 12