586,315 active members*
3,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dyna Mechtronics 4400

I've just got this machine hooked up to power (had it for about 6 months), after powering up and replying "Yes" to the ready prompt it says Initalizing and that's where it sits. If I have the tool clamped it will unclamp after hitting the yes for ready but that's about it. I'm thinking that perhaps the power supply for the servos is bad. Anybody else have any ideas?

More info, I changed the 48v power supply going to the servos and I now can move the x,y,z axises around in emergency mode! wooo hoooo!
    But The Tool changer still doesn't do anything and the spindle won't come on. anybody???

More More news as of laaate (11:30 pm) I finally got it to initiliaze! Wohoo, but still no spindle. I can run a program but it won't turn the blasted spindle on. grrr

We'll Ive got the spindle to turn on by hooking a DC power supply to the spindle, still rather have it work correctly if any body has info on it please email me.
    www.professorwiz.com

Hi, We have had a 4400 in the shop for the last 12 years,it is often idle for months at a time and is difficult to restart.Today , the spindle would not stop in the correct position-just coasted to stop.I did my usual fix of popping all the visible fuses in and out of their holders-and it runs. We have never had a component failure ,it is always an electro/mechanical problem.