586,281 active members*
4,374 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > I CAN,T START WORKING WITH THE JCUT 6090A . HELP !!!
Page 1 of 2 12

I CAN,T START WORKING WITH THE JCUT 6090A . HELP !!!

i ´VE BUYED THE CNC JCUT6090A IN CHINA.
    AND THE DEALERS DON,T GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS, ONLY A CNC ROUTER MANUAL AND A CD WITH : NC STUDIO, ARTCAM PRO AND TYPE 3.
    WELL , i,M SO WORRIED: IT´S MY FIRST CNC MACHINE, AND I DON´T FIND THE MACHINE IN THE TYPE3 DRIVERS LIST.ARTCAM JUST DOESN,T WORK
    AND WITH THE NCSTUDIO , I CAN MOVE THE MACHINE, BUT I DON,T UNDERSTAND WHERE IS THE CONTROL SET, THE MACHINE GOES OUF OF THE
    TABLE, TO THE LIMITS ON A CORNER.PLEASE, HELP ME.
    WHICH IS THE MACHINE I MUST TO SELECT IN THE TYPE3 LIST?
    WHERE IS THE ZERO POINT? AND THE RIGHT PARAMETERS?
    I CAN´T EXPORT WORK FILES FROM TYPE3 TO NCSTUDIO, WICH IS THE
    FILE TYPE I MUST TO USE?.pLEASE, A SHORT EXPLANATION OF HOW TO START WORKING WILL HELP SO MUCH,MI IDIOMA ES EL ESPAÑOL, SO EXCUSE
    MY BAD ENGLISH AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Smile

Hi,
    Did you manage to install the PCI card in the computer and the software NCSTUDIO?
    These are the first things to do.

If you manage the above, I will let you know later some other settings to do, but now I am not near my JCUT6090a.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
    John

Quote Originally Posted by javieronandia View Post
    AND THE DEALERS DON,T GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS, ONLY A CNC ROUTER MANUAL AND A CD WITH : NC STUDIO, ARTCAM PRO AND TYPE 3.
    WELL , i,M SO WORRIED: IT´S MY FIRST CNC MACHINE, AND I DON´T FIND THE MACHINE IN THE TYPE3 DRIVERS LIST.ARTCAM JUST DOESN,T WORK
    AND WITH THE NCSTUDIO , I CAN MOVE THE MACHINE, BUT I DON,T UNDERSTAND WHERE IS THE CONTROL SET, THE MACHINE GOES OUF OF THE
    FILE TYPE I MUST TO USE?.pLEASE, A SHORT EXPLANATION OF HOW TO START WORKING WILL HELP SO MUCH,MI IDIOMA ES EL ESPAÑOL, SO EXCUSE
    I use the Jcut 6090 B with NC Studio. I was unable to use the Type-3 and or NC Studio software because it is not legitimate software. I ended up purchasing a copy of Alibre with Alibre Cam to use with my machine.

It's clear that you have the pci card installed if it's directing the machine to move out of limits. I suspect you have the workpiece origin entered incorrectly and/ or you have not calibrated the machine yet. The process to calibrate is pretty simple in NC Studio.

My machine came without any type of calibration which is normal I think for CNC machines.

Good Luck,

It is easy to change to Mach3 config
    we have this kind of machine with Mach3 config

Page Title

How do you install mach with a chinesse machine??
    I have a chinesse machine 1212 and I installed a ncstudio with pci target with 15 pins
    Coud you help me??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi_img View Post
    I have a chinesse machine 1212 and I installed a ncstudio with pci target with 15 pins
    Coud you help me??

Thanks
    it is not possible with your machine and NC Studio ( I have a similar machine)
    the software is not legitimate and will not post directly to NC Studio.

you must purchase and install a legitimate G-Code generator and post a file that can be read by NC Studio.

hope this helps,

maybe I can help you, but your PC need work by the Windons XP or 2000, not Windons 7/visia

Quote Originally Posted by scsi_img View Post
    Coud you help me??

Thanks
    I can try to help.

Is the NCStudio card talking to the CNC? Does the NCStudio card operate the stepper motors on the CNC and are they calibrated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wyl6362708 View Post
    maybe I can help you, but your PC need work by the Windons XP or 2000, not Windons 7/visia
    I too have a Jcut 6090A The ArtCam pro originally asked for a hardware key after installation. Put the disk back in the drive and use windows explorer to open the ArtCam Pro folder. Look for the file PARADOX and open that in the right window. In the left window open the installled ArtcamPro folder. Right click BOTH of the Paradox files which are paradox.dll and patch then drag them to the Artcam Pro exec file folder.Right click or double click the exec folder to run it. click the withdraw "backup files" then click "apply" next click details and then click close. Also in the exec folder you will right click three driver folders to run them. They just flash on and off with nothing to click on. These files are hardware epengGL, reset openGL and software open GL. Restart the computer and Artcam Pro will be working. This program generates the G-code from an imported file like .stl or .gif It also allows manipulation of the imported file or building a model from lines and such.
    I havent figured out the type3 and NC studio installation yet they are looking for a hardware key. Has anyone got the NC studio to run?
    I saw a post that someone installed mach on a Jcut. I have that software but I need to know what the pins on the printer cable are. Step and direction for the stepper motors and limit switches are needed to install the mach3 .
    wizzardworks

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardworks View Post
    I too have a Jcut 6090A The ArtCam pro originally asked for a hardware key after installation. Put the disk back in the drive and use windows explorer to open the ArtCam Pro folder. Look for the file PARADOX and open that in the right window. In the left window open the installled ArtcamPro folder. Right click BOTH of the Paradox files which are paradox.dll and patch then drag them to the Artcam Pro exec file folder.Right click or double click the exec folder to run it. click the withdraw "backup files" then click "apply" next click details and then click close. Also in the exec folder you will right click three driver folders to run them. They just flash on and off with nothing to click on. These files are hardware epengGL, reset openGL and software open GL. Restart the computer and Artcam Pro will be working. This program generates the G-code from an imported file like .stl or .gif It also allows manipulation of the imported file or building a model from lines and such.
    I havent figured out the type3 and NC studio installation yet they are looking for a hardware key. Has anyone got the NC studio to run?
    I saw a post that someone installed mach on a Jcut. I have that software but I need to know what the pins on the printer cable are. Step and direction for the stepper motors and limit switches are needed to install the mach3 .
    wizzardworks
    On the JCUT..NC Studio completely controls the machine. All you have to do is post a NC file and open/manipulate it with NC Studio. The pins connect via serial cable from the NC Studio Card to the Machine there is no need to know pins as long as you use the correct cable.

The type 3 software that comes with the JCUT machine is pirated/cracked as is the ArtStudio software they send on a CD. I recommend you dont even try to use it and buy a legitimate piece of software that is capable of posting to a .NC file

Quote Originally Posted by Izitbrokeyet? View Post
    On the JCUT..NC Studio completely controls the machine. All you have to do is post a NC file and open/manipulate it with NC Studio. The pins connect via serial cable from the NC Studio Card to the Machine there is no need to know pins as long as you use the correct cable.

The type 3 software that comes with the JCUT machine is pirated/cracked as is the ArtStudio software they send on a CD. I recommend you dont even try to use it and buy a legitimate piece of software that is capable of posting to a .NC file
    I have meshcam3 which outputs in several dozen formats and it is really easy to use if you have a solid model. The ArtCam Pro that came with the machine allows creation of the model and then the G-code for it. I do my modeling in Rhino4 which has the best surface creating and editing tools. Solid works does surfaces but is 15 times more expensive and works on an entirely different concept as does Catia which it was based on. I started out with autocad but changed to Rhino4 for the lofting command and because it has the same interface style as autocad. I tried a demo of just about everything and didn't have Any luck lofting with autocad 2010.
    Since I have the CAD systems paid for and meshcam all I need is to run the G-code with some software. I bought Mach3 from a certified dealer in Sacramento Ca after checking with Mach3 licencing that they were authorized distributors. I like the user interface of Mach3 which is similar to the excelent EMC-2 which is free from Linux but requires the linux operating system. I have a dual boot computer to run EMC-2 on a future conversion of my big ciccinatti mill but may install Mach3 on that since I now have the choice. The Mach3 sits says using as a hobby I am licenced to run it on any machines in the building unless it is a commercial business which requires additional licence seats.
    The reason for the pinouts is to configure the pinouts of Mach3 to the corresponding pinouts of my Jcut serial cable. I may get a PCI card recommended for Mach 3 to get the installation data for that but still need the pinout information. I am going to uninstall NC studio and reinstall because I had installed the PCI card when I first tried to get the router running in 2008. The card is supposed to be installed after the software is installed and that may be why it isn't running. If NC studio gets running it wil display the pinouts from it's homepage or by shife-fcn6. I can also cut air to test the rest of the 6090A on the OEM software before changing to Mach3 and meshcam3
    wizzardworks

it is not possible with your machine and NC Studio ( I have a similar machine)
    the software is not legitimate and will not post directly to NC Studio.

you must purchase and install a legitimate G-Code generator and post a file that can be read by NC Studio.

hope this helps,
    The NCstudio appears to be legitimate software written by weitung in China. The artcam pro comes with a crack file and the people who own that were not aware it was being distributed. The NC studio comes with a propriatary driver card which installs in the PCI expansion slot of a desktop PC. I had a problem when I rebooted after installing the NCstudio driver card. The commputer went dead on the video card and all the PCI slots. Removing the card didn't put it back running. A new PC is on order but I am concerned about puttting the same card in another computer. I bought Mach3 ($155) to operate the 6090A. In addition to the software three pieces of hardware are required. If the desktop PC had a parallel (printer) port that may suffice, however for best performance the printer port needs to run as EPP although windows has a variety of drivers that may select an undesireable mode. I just went ahead and bought a parallel port card on e-bay ($5.31 including shipping) from china. I also ordered a couple others of different manufacturers to test against one another. The second item must be bought. This is a stepper driver controller card which needs a continuous rating of 2.5 amps and will have a peak of 3 amps. I bought one new 3 axis driver on E-bay for $29 with $19.99 shipping from China. I had an 8 amp card but it would not load the circuitry enough to avoid missed steps. I determined the amps by getting the motor series of the e-bay add for the jcut 6090A and searching the manufacturer on yahoo. The third thing in the way of hardware is the DC power supply which for my controller card ranges from 12 to 36 volts. The motor is either 3.6 or 4.2 volts to produce the rated locking torque but they are routinely used on much higher voltage. DIP switches on the card set the maximum amps. At this point I am going to use the power supply that came with the 6090A which should be rated for the supplied motors and is already mounted and wired. Parts should all be in within 2 weeks so I can time how long it takes to do the conversion. Today I have been thinking about buying 3 stepper motors so I can bench run the control system before installation including air cutting some code to monitor temperatures. The actual install will also include hooking the limit switches and E-stop to the controller terminals. This would have been easier if Jcut would have let me have a copy of the schematic form the 6090A but they declined.
    The reasons for buying the parallel card and stepper controller board is to replace the NCstudio card which only works with their software and they are the only source. As a side benefit any one of a dozen brands from hundreds of suppliers can replace the new controller board. I selected the mach3 because it is easy to install and configure. An alternative is the excellent EMC-2 available free from the linux site which only runs (last time I checked) on linux. It can be downloaded already compiled into the Linux as a real time system, however I have enough problems without havin to learn how to run Linux. I still remember operating the early windows 6.2 with a book in one hand and typing with the other. The wonderfully criptic config.sys and autoexec.bat. I had 4 hard drives, and most every disk and tape drive type made running on SCSI. The config.sys for 11 drives was a short story. Today I think windows xp looks to be the deal for CNC and if I have problems I have some win 98 I never installed which would be less busy in the background. I really like my win7 ultimate but it is steady doing something which could interrupt the mach3.
    wizzardworks

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardworks View Post
    The NCstudio appears to be legitimate software written by weitung in China. The artcam pro comes with a crack file and the people who own that were not aware it was being distributed. The NC studio comes with a propriatary driver card which installs in the PCI expansion slot of a desktop PC. I had a problem when I rebooted after installing the NCstudio driver card. The commputer went dead on the video card and all the PCI slots. Removing the card didn't put it back running. A new PC is on order but I am concerned about puttting the same card in another computer. I bought Mach3 ($155) to operate the 6090A. In addition to the software three pieces of hardware are required. If the desktop PC had a parallel (printer) port that may suffice, however for best performance the printer port needs to run as EPP although windows has a variety of drivers that may select an undesireable mode. I just went ahead and bought a parallel port card on e-bay ($5.31 including shipping) from china. I also ordered a couple others of different manufacturers to test against one another. The second item must be bought. This is a stepper driver controller card which needs a continuous rating of 2.5 amps and will have a peak of 3 amps. I bought one new 3 axis driver on E-bay for $29 with $19.99 shipping from China. I had an 8 amp card but it would not load the circuitry enough to avoid missed steps. I determined the amps by getting the motor series of the e-bay add for the jcut 6090A and searching the manufacturer on yahoo. The third thing in the way of hardware is the DC power supply which for my controller card ranges from 12 to 36 volts. The motor is either 3.6 or 4.2 volts to produce the rated locking torque but they are routinely used on much higher voltage. DIP switches on the card set the maximum amps. At this point I am going to use the power supply that came with the 6090A which should be rated for the supplied motors and is already mounted and wired. Parts should all be in within 2 weeks so I can time how long it takes to do the conversion. Today I have been thinking about buying 3 stepper motors so I can bench run the control system before installation including air cutting some code to monitor temperatures. The actual install will also include hooking the limit switches and E-stop to the controller terminals. This would have been easier if Jcut would have let me have a copy of the schematic form the 6090A but they declined.
    The reasons for buying the parallel card and stepper controller board is to replace the NCstudio card which only works with their software and they are the only source. As a side benefit any one of a dozen brands from hundreds of suppliers can replace the new controller board. I selected the mach3 because it is easy to install and configure. An alternative is the excellent EMC-2 available free from the linux site which only runs (last time I checked) on linux. It can be downloaded already compiled into the Linux as a real time system, however I have enough problems without havin to learn how to run Linux. I still remember operating the early windows 6.2 with a book in one hand and typing with the other. The wonderfully criptic config.sys and autoexec.bat. I had 4 hard drives, and most every disk and tape drive type made running on SCSI. The config.sys for 11 drives was a short story. Today I think windows xp looks to be the deal for CNC and if I have problems I have some win 98 I never installed which would be less busy in the background. I really like my win7 ultimate but it is steady doing something which could interrupt the mach3.
    wizzardworks
    I really cant help you to convert the machine and I dont see a good reason why.

Maybe you are trying to accomplish something special with the machine? I purchased a cheep "celeron" machine with ISA slots and windows with a USB port to add NC files via thumbdrive. As you should know they cost almost nothing today. The machine runs fine via the ISA NC Studio Card with G-code added by USB Thumbdrive in a NC file.

I consider the old computer to be a part of the machine. It's not connected to the network and i dont care because I doubt the dogs need it to find porn or research how to raise and cook chickens.

As you said..the NC Studio software is legitimate...the rest is pirated garbage.

Talking

I had originally tried an 866 Mhz windows computer in 2008 when I got the 6090A and never got any of the software to open. This machine has NEVER MOVED from the position it was sitting at when it came out of the crate. With the recently ruined computer I got the artcam pro program opened but the cumputer went south when restarting after the NC studio card was installed. My machine is a little defferent than the pictures posted on this site. It does not have the Jcuto logo on the front panel, the frequency controller sticks through the cabinet and the start and stop button are in the center rather than the corner. There are aparently two similar machines available. Mine came from Jcut through pengfi Ltd. The stepper motors listed on the E-bay item match up to NEMA 23 size. The motors on mine are 3.320 " square and case length is 4-1/2" which are NEMA 34 a much larger motor. The machine accuracy specifications are the same. I have no experiance with the currently manufactured models which have the same 6090A designation. I am not sure what the post above means by the legacy ISA slot expansion slot NC studio card. My card is definitely standard PCI. I purchase a Dell computer refurbished on E-bay last week. (Intel P4 single core 2.8 GHZ 1 Gb ram and a 40Gb hard drive with a CD/DVD drive and windows XP. It was $64 with free shipping. There are 50 more of them listed.
    The reason for the conversion is that it doesn't run and never has. I should probably donate it as is to the local fire department for their annual fund raising auction but if I replace everything from the ball screws to the wall plug it will run. If it still won't cooperate I will have a complete operating/hardware set to build a machine.
    wizzardworks

it seems everything goes right, please close the antivirus program and try again, and check the connection for the card in the mainboard of pc. if still can not solute it, only one soltion, change the nc studio card or control the machine by dsp.

Wizzardworks,

Your machine will not run? I thought from the way you sounded on the other thread that it must be doing well.

I can give you the pin out for your machine. At least I can give you the pinouts from mine. If you can get someone to wire it, it should be easy to convert to Mach.

Why won't the NCStudio work? Is your board bad? I have never tried mine, but I figure it is good. It's a PCI card also.

My machine had 3 axes of step and direction. It had 3 inputs for limits and 3 outputs to control the spindle speed.

I'm not a Mach guy, but I think Mach can do all of that.

Better yet, if you got Wincnc it would probably hook up exactly like mine.

Just a thought.

Butterknife

Quote Originally Posted by Butterknife View Post
    Wizzardworks,

Your machine will not run? I thought from the way you sounded on the other thread that it must be doing well.

I can give you the pin out for your machine. At least I can give you the pinouts from mine. If you can get someone to wire it, it should be easy to convert to Mach.

Why won't the NCStudio work? Is your board bad? I have never tried mine, but I figure it is good. It's a PCI card also.

My machine had 3 axes of step and direction. It had 3 inputs for limits and 3 outputs to control the spindle speed.

I'm not a Mach guy, but I think Mach can do all of that.

Better yet, if you got Wincnc it would probably hook up exactly like mine.

Just a thought.

Butterknife
    Butterknife. Well still not running but I argued with it again today. I had gotten the artcam pro installed and opened in windows. While trying to do the reboot after installing NCstudio ,shutting down, and installing the PCI board, the reboot was unsucessful. The monitor went to standby and a blank screen. Removing the NCstudio card and the modem card it still didn't boot up. Today I started with contact cleaner on everything, and switching the ram in the slots. There is an ATI rage 128mb video card which I left installed figuring if it still didn't boot I could pull the video card and run the monitor off the main board. The box then booted. I contact cleaner/wiped the NCstudio card and reinstalled. The box booted up and the NC studio opened in windows. I had disconnected the 15 pin cable and unplugged the spindle and 6090A power supply box. At this point I can rescue the pinout numbers and went on to the Type3 software. After opening a bunch of the "opening this file may harm your computer" files I found out that type3 needs 800 by 600 resolution or better and 256 colors or better to install. I changed the settings in windows to 800 by 600 256 colors and tried again. It had been balking almost instantly with a message about "setup can't open setup-en". After changing the monitor settings the install completed in less than a minute. It still doesn't open the program in windows and wants a "hardware dongle" to open. In the artcam pro that was a file nomed patch. No such file name for type3 but there is one called crack1 for vision software and one called crack2 which allow import of file types into type3 as G-code and Catia files respectively.I have a suspicion that the manufacturer may not have permission to use this software when I see a file named crack. From what I have seen so far the software operates in milimeters whils I use inch. I intend to try and sort out the installation but after this long it is too little too late. Possibly my posts will help others find out how to get their machine moving. The new computer came today by fed-ex and the Mach3 arrived last monday. I have stepper motors, a power supply, and stepper driver board ordered just waiting for them to arrive. I will wire that bunch up in the house and when I m satisfied it is reliable I can strip all the factory stuff off the router. I have completely lost interest in my project at this point. The delay from the router is a big part of it, uncooperative software interfaces even with the same file extension is a second annoyance, and I am stuck waiting for someont to do something on all fronts.
    I have seen a couple posts about their software manuals not being in english. Mine are not in Chinese (although someone's may actually be) but they appear to be an encripted text file. he characters are like what some computers display if you have the ALT key down while useing the keyboard. I suspect a different issue of adobie acrobat will read the manual. Looking into the file I find mine was written in 2006. When I get to that point I will try the latest update of adobie 10 and if necessary get an old HD out of the box and read it with that.
    When I look at a forum it is likely to find out if someone else has had an solved whatever I am having problems with something. It might be nice if a few people would post how long it took for their machine to run. Surely there has been someone who plugged it in and it worked. I wouldn't want people to think there is something really wrong with store bought machine tools and get discouraged from the hobby.
    I know that if a turnkey machine with the windows computer included was available as a $300 option I would have bought it. I designed and built machinery for 35 years until I retired and never sold anything with hydraulics or controls incomplete. In many cases we installed the equipment and the last 15% was not due until 30 days after start up.
    Wizzardworks

Wizzardworks,

I use Enroute for CAD/CAM, so I can't help you with either of the programs that you are trying to use.

As far as hooking up the computer and it work..., I think I could probably have done it.

I run WinCNC where I work so that was what I was used to. I had an extra copy of it so I installed the PCI card and Daughterboard.

I traced out the pins for the 15 pin connector and since Wincnc uses a 37 pin connector, I soldered a 37 pin connector onto one end of a cable and a 15 pin onto the other. I wired the 15 pin end to match the connector on the machine and the other end to match the WinCNC end.

I cut the end off the power cord and put a 240 plug on that would match my power. I wired the water pump right into the same plug, and plugged it in.

I reset the e-stop and turned on the switch. All the drives and the inverter lit up... NO SMOKE!!

I started the computer and started WinCNC. I checked my limits. They worked. I tried to move the axes and they all moved. I told the machine to move an inch and it moved about 1/4 inch. I set the resolutions. Had to keep adjusting them until I got it right, but it didn't take too long.

After the resolutions were right on the steppers, I clicked my "Home" button and the machine homed. I have the larger size 34 motors too. I am able to rapid at 300 ipm. I've cut up to 250 ipm.

It's a shame you have had so much trouble. What drives and motors came with your machine? Mine have Leadshine drives and motors.

Good luck with your rebuild. Sounds like a real job.

Butterknife

Quote Originally Posted by Butterknife View Post
    Wizzardworks,

I use Enroute for CAD/CAM, so I can't help you with either of the programs that you are trying to use.

As far as hooking up the computer and it work..., I think I could probably have done it.

I run WinCNC where I work so that was what I was used to. I had an extra copy of it so I installed the PCI card and Daughterboard.

I traced out the pins for the 15 pin connector and since Wincnc uses a 37 pin connector, I soldered a 37 pin connector onto one end of a cable and a 15 pin onto the other. I wired the 15 pin end to match the connector on the machine and the other end to match the WinCNC end.

I cut the end off the power cord and put a 240 plug on that would match my power. I wired the water pump right into the same plug, and plugged it in.

I reset the e-stop and turned on the switch. All the drives and the inverter lit up... NO SMOKE!!

I started the computer and started WinCNC. I checked my limits. They worked. I tried to move the axes and they all moved. I told the machine to move an inch and it moved about 1/4 inch. I set the resolutions. Had to keep adjusting them until I got it right, but it didn't take too long.

After the resolutions were right on the steppers, I clicked my "Home" button and the machine homed. I have the larger size 34 motors too. I am able to rapid at 300 ipm. I've cut up to 250 ipm.

It's a shame you have had so much trouble. What drives and motors came with your machine? Mine have Leadshine drives and motors.

Good luck with your rebuild. Sounds like a real job.

Butterknife
    Butterknife, I really didn't have any trouble wireing it up. I recieved no documentation with the router and of cource all the plugs had unusual blade configurations. I just ran a #10 -240 volt service and got the 110 off of that. No smoke and the fans and lights came on so I am assuming the parts are OK but since it doesn't run I can't be sure. There is only one exposed stepper motor for the X axis and it has no manufacturers tag. I bought a 3 amp stepper driver board and an 8 amp board in case 3 amp is not enough. All motors and limits had round screw on din connectors which were clearly labeled in english so that was no problem. I haven't had to open up the control box on the machine so I don;t yet know what electronics or power supply are in there. When I get the replacements wired up and tested I will have a look to see what the box would look like after conversion. If it will seem that it would look like crap I might as well get a new dustight enclosure and din sockets. Monday I am going back to the shop and hack the type3 software to see what it is for. It may be a separate post processor to make g-code files compatable with various machines but since I got no doccumation I really haven't got a clue. It appeared on youtube that it (type3) runs the machine but now that NCstudio pro opens up and is a machine control progrm it is likely something else.
    Since discovering recently that I have completely lost interest in my retirement project it doesn't make any difference if it takes another month to get the thing running. I just don't go to the new shop anymore. Maybe I will stumble upon something interesting for my remaining days that has absolutely no connection with computers, software, building an aeroplane or metalworking.
    wizzardworks

This is more of an update than a reply. I found out how to install the type3 software. First I set the monitor performance to 256 colors with 800 by 600 resolution. This can be changed back after installation. At this point the setup program ran. Only input with this is keep clicking next and enter a company name. After rebooting it wuuldn.t open. fter opening up a lot of files I found out what was needed and several ways to do it. Just copying the files to the required directory didn't work because I didn't realize the files needed extracted. Second try was to double click on the crack file to open it then click on crack1 which opens an install wizzard. The highlighted path was the default
    and correct for my installation so I clicked apply and it copied and extracted the file. I then did the same thing for the crack2 file and rebooted. The progrm opened and works.
    Then I clicked on the type3 help ? and found no help files but did find out about the program. It showed a key LIB=T3-API 2001/2000 V1.0.500 with a registration of SPAB/SCuM-TFL There was also copyright 1996-1999 Artistray,Inc with their address as http//www.artistray.com The type3 software is written by
    Vision Numeric located in Brussieu France their e-mail is type3#type3.com
    I will be contacting them to see if the software is authorized and see if there is a manual
    available. t this point the artcam pro, type3, and NCstudio are installed. Next I will reconnect all the power to the machine and the 15pin cable to see if it will actually move. The type3 will import a variety of file types of which .stp and .igs look the most promising for me. The output is pretty much a printer file and I have to select a printer from a list of machine types. I have read on this forum that a "fanuc" file is needed for NCstudio so I need to look that post up since there are five fanuc outputs.
    There are quite a few CNC routers being sold with this software so hopefully others can use these three posts to install their software on the assorted machines.
    wizzardworks

Page 1 of 2 12