586,121 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller
Page 102 of 121 25292100101102103104112
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2415
    RomanLini Guest
    Hi deejayspins, glad to hear you got the ground problem sorted.

I have not been here for a couple of weeks for tech support but Val's getting pretty good at email tech support at the SuperPID.com web site, and directs much of that to my email also.

Thanks too to all the SuperPID user base for helping out here in my absence!

To ATRepair, thanks for posting the diagram. The opto sensor number was posted earlier in this thread but is hard to find, also the pinout was in the SuperPID v1 instructions and had been discussed earlier in the thread too with a diagram. Anyway it's good to bring stuff forward from time to time and like you said may be of benefit to other users.

Does anyone know where in the states to get some wire like Roman used to connect the speed sensor to the SPID? This nice, light and flexible stuff. I'd like to use it for my limit switches.

Thanks.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RicknBeachcrest View Post
    Does anyone know where in the states to get some wire like Roman used to connect the speed sensor to the SPID? This nice, light and flexible stuff. I'd like to use it for my limit switches.

Thanks.
    Rick
    I believe this is the exact wire used: (CAT# MC-2)
    http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/MC-2/2-CONDUCTOR-SHIELDED-MICROPHONE-CABLE/1.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered a temp sensor from Roman last weekend. I also added some extra wire to it for what I needed on the limit switches. $20 postage kind of bites, but it is coming from half way across the world.

The wire you suggested from All Electronics is not the same. I had previously ordered some. Now, it's not bad, but it is no where near as flexible as the stuff Roman uses. Also the diameter is about twice that of Roman's.

Rick

Super-pid v2

Super-pid v2

What is normal for a Super-Pid V2.

Have only the 120volts incoming to Super-pid and then going to router. With no low voltage hooked to the Super-pid my router is running. Is this normal?

NO.
    Without a supply for the logic, the router should not be capable of running?
    Is this a first hook-up or suddenly happen?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

No, double check your wiring.

This is after trying to interface with Mach3. On second one....I guess the third one will be the charm. Does anyone know who repairs these in the USA.

Bryan

If you do get stuck, I could check it for you, I am in Canada.
    Most likely the Triac is shorted if the 5v logic is not connected?
    I would find out why they are blowing, IF it is the Triac, if so then I would suspect something on the router, although it is fused?
    Do the blown ones show the same symptom?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi Bryan, the symptom of the router running when there is no 5v to the SuperPID is quite unusual, either 1. your router wiring or mains wiring is incorrect, or 2. the TRIAC is blown.

It's quite unusual to blow TRIACs, the SuperPID uses a 800v TRIAC (on 110v!) and it's capable of 25 amps continuous but normally routers run at 2-6 amps and there is a 15 amp fuse anyway. Generally if a TRIAC has blown it is due to massive mains surge or storm strike on the AC mains power wires. It's a freak situation.

Replacing the TRIAC with the correct device may fix the fault, but please first check for incorrect wiring! Otherwise we offer a parts-cost repair for SuperPIDs which usually works out quite cheap and we can do a full set of tests on the repaired unit. That involves 3-4 weeks round trip for postage though.

Sorry I have not been here on the forum a lot but I have had a hard drive crash and also after re-installing a lot of browser stuff etc I'm finding this new forum format VERY slow and buggy.

RomaniLini,

Replaced the TRIAC on both super-pids and they are both working now.

Bryan

Hi guys,
    i've got some problems with my superpid and my router (proxxon IB/E).
    i was talking with Val (Superpid staff, i think so), and finally he told me he had to talk with Roman, but i open this discussion here, to try to find if anybody has had a similar problem, while Roman and Val try to find the problem...

My problem is the following:
    When i connect the router, and the rpm are between 5000 and 11.000
    works good, but when i go up from 12.000 rpm my router begins to make
    a strange noise and vibrate, an then when the potentiometer is full
    works good, but it's not measuring right, because it is measuring
    20.000 rpm, and i think is 30.000 rpm, but anyway i've got a
    suspiction about my sensor is not measuring well, or my shaft is not
    enough big and the sensor doesn't works as it should do it...

At the beginning i joined the triac legs and the router behaviour was the same, and then to ensure it was not interfering i removed it, and made a bridge, so now the circuit of the router is just for conversion to AC to DC...

Anyone has had a problem like this??

Attach some pics and the video....

Photos
    https://drive.google.com/a/cittec.es...k&usp=sharing#

Video

(Sorry for the video, because there is a baby music, it was running a app for my baby and it is not aware to me )

Best Regards..

Quote Originally Posted by garciasa View Post
    Anyone has had a problem like this??
    Yes, when my minimum and maximum sensor readings were too close together. My sensor has close to full bars on the maximum and three or four on the minimum. What is yours? Pics would be helpful. Also it can do this if a section of the painted shaft gets scratched off. It gets confused at certain RPM's. To check, watch the bars on the LCD and rotate the router shaft by hand slowly. If you get any glitchyness in the bars while on the white section, you have to check your paint.

Oakley Sunglasses

Thanks Devastator,
    i think my sensor works correctly, because as you say, when it's in the black part, the LCD has 4 bars, and when i change to the white part, it's almost full bars, but i'll check if i have got a glich...

it's almost full bars, but i'll check the if i have got a glich...

I have read most of this thread before asking for help. I am a newbee. I have a Super PID connected to a DMB4250-8B brakeout board from DMM tech running AC servos. I can get the router to turn on and off. I can't get the software Mach3 to control the speed. I have set the PWM and the pulley settings from what I can understand from this thread. I The router will start and speed up then shut down. The readout shows FAIL! The process then starts all over with the same out come. Do I need the spindle sensor hookup? What setting could I be missing?
    This is how I hooked it up. Except I used D16 and S16 other then CP1 & CP2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SuperPID-v2_Gecko_G540_all_wiring_connections.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	185426 Attachment 185428

I The router will start and speed up then shut down. The readout shows FAIL!

[QUOTE=nytwin1;1277792] Do I need the spindle sensor hookup?

Are you saying you do not have the speed sensor connected?

That's like the key ingredient.

What is normal for a Super-Pid V2.

Page 102 of 121 25292100101102103104112