586,637 active members*
2,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

DIY - CNC H/V Rotary Table

I am in the process of making a new DIY-CNC H/V Rotary Table... I purchased a 30 to 1 worm gear reduction unit a few years ago for another application... That failed... So I'm going to see if i can make this work... It's just a standard 30 to 1 worm gear drive reduction unit... I'm going to machine a box to mount around it.. Then mount that box in a larger one... It will be aprox.. 8'' x 8'' x 4 1/2'' I"m designing it so it can accept a table up to or there about's.. 10''/12''.. I plan on machining a 1'' x 6'' MIC-6 table for it... Hopefully it will work out for this task... My primary reason for making one is to machine 1/4 scale V8 engine cam lobs... I'll have to figure how to make an attached/removable tail stock for it once i get it built... Shouldn't be hard to figure out..

I've ordered all the aluminum and fasteners so hopefully I'll have it all and have it built in a week or soo...

Here is a few pics of the cad rendering i did on it as well as a few of the reduction unit... I did manage to machine a hole threw the output shaft casing so i can mount a 1/2'' shaft... Whew... That was fun... Nothing like trying to drill a hole in hardened steel... A 3/16'' two flue end mill even had a challenge doing so..

Stoney
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DIY - CNC Rotary Table.jpg   DIY - CNC Rotary Table.2.jpg   DIY - CNC Rotary Table.3.jpg   DVC09732.JPG  

DVC09736.JPG   DVC09737.JPG   DIY- 6'' CNC Rotary Table 001.jpg   DIY- 6'' CNC Rotary Table 005.jpg  

DIY- 6'' CNC Rotary Table 010.jpg  
    http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/