586,108 active members*
3,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport EZ-TRAK DX-2

I have bought an EZ-TRAK II and I am trying to install the linear comps. I have a Starrett Webber Standard Mounted on the table, and I program a move of 20 in. The indicator is zeroed out at the right side and I move the table to the right or minus direction. After the move I read the indicator at the 20 in. programed move. The indicator now reads plus .006 I install the parameter code and write in minus .006 in the x-axis box and press plus or save. I turn the machine off, reboot the machine, check to see if the minus .006 is in the x-axis box, then home the machine. I program the 20 in. move and the distance remains 20.006. I removed the BMDC Board, cleaned the contacts with an eraser, reinstalled the board. This did not make any change. I ordered a ner BMDC Board and went through the same process; however, no changes have been made in the 20.006 Why can I not get the correct reading at 20.000?? Zukes 3140

There is backlash comp and there is pitch error comp. The backlash comp is to take out mechanical play in the specific axis. The value placed in pitch error comp is for comping 30 inches. Make sure your knee is locked!

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)