586,508 active members*
3,329 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hypertherm Edge/Pnoenix Software

So we just got out new Retro Table with the Hypertherm Edge control with the Phoenix software. it has a DXF importer but from what i've been trying it's terrible... can anyone help, am i doing something wrong? I'm using a 3D modeling software called Solid Edge (not solid works). I can draw a simple square and it imports fine but if i try to draw a square with a circle in the middle it imports as a small square and then a huge circle not even inside the square. i'm just trying to figure out how this DXF importer works. I have used DXF's from Solid Edge and imported them into Torchmate software, BobCAD software, Mastercam software, but when i try this Phoenix software they don't work so good. any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to spend $5000 on Pro Nest when i feel i have 3 other software programs that work fine with my DXF's....
    Thanks!
    Nate

I would call Hypertherm Automation and work with their tech support staff. I just used the direct .dxf import yesteday on a demo cnc machine that I am preparing for the upcoming fabtech show...and it worked very easily, so I suspect there is something simple, or a setting that is just not correct...tech support can help. The ProNest is worth every penny in my opinion, as a CAM /post processor for production plasma cutting. It is a bit pricey, but their level of training and support, as well as ease of use is second to none.

Jim

powermax 800 - any problems

Sorry-posted a message to this thread by mistake. deleted now.

Dear all:
    i have flame cutting using hypertherm edge cnc controller..
    the problem is the harddisk is broken (can't detected by bios)
    so i change anew one.. a problem is ..w i don't have the copy or backup for this controller software ... can any one have this software (phoenix software)

It would make the best sense to contact Hypertherm's tech service department. They are available to help with issues such as this. The Phoenix software for the Hypertherm Automation controllers is proprietary, but they should be able to help sort out your problem. Here is the contact information:

Technical Service
    [email protected]
    800-643-9878 Tel - Toll Free in USA
    and Canada

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by stevenchan View Post
    Dear all:
    i have flame cutting using hypertherm edge cnc controller..
    the problem is the harddisk is broken (can't detected by bios)
    so i change anew one.. a problem is ..w i don't have the copy or backup for this controller software ... can any one have this software (phoenix software)