587,033 active members*
3,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: torchmate 1

torchmate 1

Looking at getting torchmate 1 kit, would like a little input, what extras to get what not to get, that sort of thing. thanks

IMHO the best and most useful feature or option to include is an AVTHC. I didnt buy one with my system and that has been the only shortcoming I have encountered with the machine ever. If I had it to do again, everything else would be the same, just add the height control and you are done. The add-on font and sign maker modue is a good deal and adds some more versatility as well as the aftermarket DXF files from Red Pup and others as spare coin permits. All in all I would suggest getting the biggest physical table size you can afford and include the above extras and you will have a killer system. The grin factor has never worn off, and I have had my machine since before Mikes first child was born, way back when.... As far as a Plasma cutter goes, I would stick with a hypertherm due to the continous product upgrades and their commitment to quality as well as easy to change and relatively inexpensive consumables. As a minimum I would stay with larger american made plasma machines for support and demonstrated life span, there are some imports available that seem to be coming around well, but I am just a little cautious till they get a little more time in the market before I recomend them. Maybe in a couple of years or so but just not yet for me. I have a PM 1000 G3 with Machine torch and have fine cut as well as standard tips and the edge quality and over all quality of cut I get is pretty close to perfect. I can cut from sub 14 Ga to 7/8th's all day without a hiccup, just change material and dial it in according to the manual settings and go from there. Once you get a little cut time, you will learn what adjustments to make and when to make them and the end result is nearly perfect in just about every way. Hope this helps... And all of the "dont work for or benefit from" disclaimers apply.
    Bob

thanks Rbeckett ,
    Will probably have to wait on height control for awhile, but sounds good to have.

Well a lot of time has passed and I just got my torchmate 1 ordered the other day.
    Still waffling a bit on the torchmate cad. Anyone with knowledge of tmcad vs something else, I could use some input.
    thanks
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by meroney View Post
    Well a lot of time has passed and I just got my torchmate 1 ordered the other day.
    Still waffling a bit on the torchmate cad. Anyone with knowledge of tmcad vs something else, I could use some input.
    thanks
    Andy
    Did you have any specific questions we could answer here? Also give us a call if it's within our hours and one of our Tech's can help you out with anything specific you might have on software compatibility, etc.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST