586,075 active members*
3,691 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Where can I find electrical diagram/schematics for Hitach Seiko Macmatic

Where can I find electrical diagram/schematics for Hitach Seiko Macmatic

I would post this on a Hitachi forum but I didn't see any so please help and or direct me to the correct forum. I would like to know where can I find electrical diagram/schematics for Hitach Seiko Macmatic vertical machining center with a Fanuc 6MB control? Vintage of this machine is 1985 and my service tech needs an electric diagram to troubleshoot if problems arrive. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

did you have a Micon 8 (pmc provided by Hitachi ) or did hitachi use Fanuc programmable controller .
    The wiring will be different

Quote Originally Posted by tmbruno28 View Post
    did you have a Micon 8 (pmc provided by Hitachi ) or did hitachi use Fanuc programmable controller .
    The wiring will be different
    I really don't know but I suspect it's using Fanuc programmable controller. I received no books when I got this machine. All I got was operators manual. Who can I call?

you suspect... please check parameter 3b7 , if 1, fanuc pmc is used

Quote Originally Posted by tmbruno28 View Post
    you suspect... please check parameter 3b7 , if 1, fanuc pmc is used
    Thanks tmbruno28

I'll check. I had no idea that's how I'd know. You are a good help. If it is indeed Fanuc, would the yellow Fanuc maintence manual be a good source? I did find that. So bit 7 would be counting from the left, correct? 10000000? Well, crap, found out it starts with a 0 so obviously I'll have to dig and find what is programming the controller. Was hoping it was Fanuc

Thumbs up Redirecting my original question..........

:violin:

So far no help with any electrical manuals for my Hitachi mill so now I will ask this question.... If I don't have any electrical manual/diagram for this machine can it be trouble shot if problems arrive? My tech told me he needs one to troubleshoot if problems arrive. I have a 6M maintainence manual and I would of thought this would of been good enough. Thanks

what is the problem?

No problems, but I would like a electrical schematic for it. We got on this subject the last time my tech was out here servicing another machine when I asked about using a 4th axis on my Hitachi mill. He went on to tell me that Hitachi used different controls and programmers for their machines and now I'm finding out what he meant. I've done a google on this type of machine and the only one I found was in a warehouse for sale listed by a used machine tool dealer. I cant believe there are so few of these machines around.

Quote Originally Posted by gandp View Post
    ...... If I don't have any electrical manual/diagram for this machine can it be trouble shot if problems arrive? My tech told me he needs one to troubleshoot if problems arrive. I have a 6M maintainence manual and I would of thought this would of been good enough. Thanks
    Unfortunately the Fanuc manuals only give the generic Fanuc interface, what is then taken further by the OEM/MTB is of actually integrating the control on to the actual machine tool requiring that the OEM schematics or machine drawings be available in order to trouble shoot in an efficient manner and identifying all actual circuits.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.