586,108 active members*
3,231 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question hardinge conquest 51

My Conquest 51 with a Fanuc 18 is giving me an alarm 416 servo alarm x-axis disconnection. The cable rings out as good, and I've changed the motor. I've swapped the x and z-axis cables and it still stayed with x-axis. Any ideas guys?

hope this can help you.

Bare with me here but I have 2 ways you can go about this. I cant remember if the 18 fanuc control has they grey and yellow axis amps or the older style drives with the circut boards exposed.

When you swap cables from x to z you have to keep the motor cable and the encoder cable connected to the physical motor and change both of them in the electrical cab. after doing both of them and the problem stays with the drive then that could be the possible suspect.

What also could be the possible aspect is the cpu board. On that machine this is located in the compartment above the spindle area. The older fanuc controls had a big mother board with a axis board (and a few others) pluged into it 90 degrees from the mother board. Newer fanuc controls have a grey and yellow unit that has 2 sections. left side has control battery on it and right side has alot of connections going into it. Endcoder cables go into this section as well. On the axis board on either. Could possibly be that board as well but isnt as common of a problem.

Usually when a problem follows one axis its that axis drive,motor, or cable. If you can disconnect the motor cable from the problem axis (at the motor) and problem comes up as diffrent axis is the axis card on the cpu. (on the control end.) hopefully any of this helps you.

Re: hardinge conquest 51

Hi, I have a Hardinge Conquest T51 with fanuc 18T. I don't have its maintenance manual.My machine getting alarm 1020 Chuck open. Can you please help me in this regard as you have same machine running. Thanks