586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

(2) Aluminum Plates needed for CNC router

Attached is a print for 2 gantry plates I need for a CNC router I am building. Here are few details.

Material: 3/4" 6061 Aluminum Plate (I will provide)

Only outline of the shape, pockets, holes, and slots need to be machined. The plate does not need to be machined to thickness (3/4")

Right and left hand are the same less one feature as shown on the drawing. The only critical dimentions are toleranced. All other tolerances can be +/- .010.

The drawing is probably missing a few dimenions but should be close enough for estimating. For the project I can provide a solid model for CAM or a complete detailed drawing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by BWay View Post
    Attached is a print for 2 gantry plates I need for a CNC router I am building. Here are few details.

Material: 3/4" 6061 Aluminum Plate (I will provide)

Only outline of the shape, pockets, holes, and slots need to be machined. The plate does not need to be machined to thickness (3/4")

Right and left hand are the same less one feature as shown on the drawing. The only critical dimentions are toleranced. All other tolerances can be +/- .010.

The drawing is probably missing a few dimenions but should be close enough for estimating. For the project I can provide a solid model for CAM or a complete detailed drawing.
    Hello, My name is Ryan. I looked at your drawing and I could machine these parts for you for $460.00. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

[email protected]

Sent quote this morning. Not sure if it went through because it did not show in my sent box. If not let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansuperbee View Post
    Hello, My name is Ryan. I looked at your drawing and I could machine these parts for you for $460.00. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

[email protected]
    Open quoting helps no one. There are people who are lazy who will shave a little off your bid with out even looking. Mill work goes dirt cheap in here as it is with out making it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Open quoting helps no one. There are people who are lazy who will shave a little off your bid with out even looking. Mill work goes dirt cheap in here as it is with out making it worse.
    Open quoting is always better for the customer. How dare you chastise someone for giving an actual dollar amount. I guess it hurts your ability to rip people off.

Quote Originally Posted by keystone76 View Post
    Open quoting is always better for the customer. How dare you chastise someone for giving an actual dollar amount. I guess it hurts your ability to rip people off.
    Rip people off? Things like open quoting and the desperate hacks that troll this place for mill work have made this the home for $15 an hour mill work. People in here are working so cheap Chinese companies won't touch these jobs. The guy working for $15 an hour won't be in business long, the faster they go away the better. The sister site to this doesn't even allow open bidding. Nice of you to take a pot shot at me, to impress some guy, you probably don't want as a customer. It is amusing to me to visit this place, where the bottom of the bucket people fight over peanuts.

Thanks for everyone's help! I was able to find a qualified supplier to make my parts.

On a side note...I spend my days working for manufacturing company and understand the pressures of manufacturing parts while still making a profit. If I wasn't so busy with my day job I would have willingly made these parts myself. Since my time is limited I posted on CNC zone to find a vendor to manufacture the parts for resonable cost. The project is really fairly simple and I was very encouraged to find several vendors that could help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit

The guy working for $15 an hour won't be in business long, the faster they go away the better. - It is amusing to me to visit this place, where the bottom of the bucket people fight over peanuts.
    In that case you have no reason to be worried, or waste your time complaining on a forum about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Rip people off? Things like open quoting and the desperate hacks that troll this place for mill work have made this the home for $15 an hour mill work. People in here are working so cheap Chinese companies won't touch these jobs. The guy working for $15 an hour won't be in business long, the faster they go away the better. The sister site to this doesn't even allow open bidding. Nice of you to take a pot shot at me, to impress some guy, you probably don't want as a customer. It is amusing to me to visit this place, where the bottom of the bucket people fight over peanuts.
    You didn't sound too amused in your first post. If you are here for amusement then why take the time to jump someone's case over open quoting. And if you believe what you say, then you won't have to worry about the competition in here as they will be out of business soon.
    Furthermore, do you want customers who are not willing to pay for quality work.

The more time I spend in here, the more I realize there are more pricks out there than I ever realized. It is people like you who think you are better than or know better than those around you that are destroying this great nation. Why don't you try propping someone up for a change rather than tearing them down.

FYI I didn't even respond to the RFQ. I am too busy with my current customers making money.