586,069 active members*
3,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Grid Shift C-Axis

I've been trying to shift the c-axis 180 degrees. I've changed parameter 1850. Power on/off. Changed 1815 bit 5 (APZ) from 0 to 1. Powered on/off. And everything seems fine untill I run a program and then the machine reverts back to the old C zero. I'm sure I"m missing something.

The Controller is a Fanuc 18i-tb, btw.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm stupid.

I figured out what my problem was. When I was establishing C zero I was setting it where I wanted the zero to be, which was 180 degress from where it was. Then it shifted the 180 degrees from there and of course put me right back where I started.

I'd delete this thread, but I dont see how to do that.

LOL....we have all been there. I still go there on most days. You can't delete the thread, only the moderators can.

Just FYI if you did however want to move your C0 position you would not want to do it on the gridshift parameters. You would do it in the 1st reference position parameters 1240.

Stevo

I'm Still Stupid

LoL. Well I thought I had it. It ran one cycle just fine and on the next went right back to the orignal C zero. I'll give the 1240 parameter a shot.

The real kicker here is I'm having to do all this because my boss thought it would be a great time saver to put a quick change chuck on the machine. And I have to change the C0 or change every single program because now 180 degrees in C puts me right into a jaw instead of between them.

hi

of course u didn't looked at the program called :entering C axis cause there u would see the line :G30 C0 P2 or P3 where P2,P3 are the second and the third reference points.

this is a rule: all the time check first what type of coder u have and than try to change it .

for u is easy to write on the end of program:G0 C180 and after finishing the C axis program will make a 180 degrees turn.

good luck!

What 1240 will do for you is change your home position. IOW it will be the position that the C goes to when you program G0G90C0.

You can use the 2nd or 3rd reference positions like zavateandu said but this will also require program changes and the fanuc option may not be on your control.

What I would do is if you have G54-G59 coordinates you can use the “common” offset which is N00. This will shift the machine across “all” coordinates.

Stevo

yeah stevo u right.
    i used that function that i describe cause after making APC change the chuck went out in an inadecvate position and i couldn't put my key to release the piece so after finishing APC change i put in my O9... program a rotation of B axis jUst to fit my needs.i put to rotate the B axis 60 degrees more so i can put my key on chuck and open it.

GOOD DAY!