586,071 active members*
3,949 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Can someone identify this for me please????

Can someone identify this for me please????

I came across what looks like a power supply of some sort. Can someone identify it and let me know what it might be. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

5 seconds on google:

"CARON specializes in problem solving and providing solutions to electromagnetic (EMC), electromagnetic interference (EMI), transient voltage suppression (TVS), electrostatic discharge (ESD) and safety related needs of today's complex electronic systems."

If I had to guess, I'd say its related to that. If it looks like a power supply, plug it in and poke around with a meter to see what it puts out. I doubt its terribly useful for anything other than the original application though.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    5 seconds on google:

"CARON specializes in problem solving and providing solutions to electromagnetic (EMC), electromagnetic interference (EMI), transient voltage suppression (TVS), electrostatic discharge (ESD) and safety related needs of today's complex electronic systems."

If I had to guess, I'd say its related to that. If it looks like a power supply, plug it in and poke around with a meter to see what it puts out. I doubt its terribly useful for anything other than the original application though.

Matt
    Thanks Matt....I did get that far with it....(googling I mean) I was looking for some input from someone that may have an idea outside of google...

Just a quick glance, but it looks like a power supply monitor. The + and - 48 volts are typical of telco equipment....so it looks like it is monitoring that power rail...

Paul

Perhaps part of a Public Address system?
    Could also be a component of a corporate phone system.
    Regards, Carl