586,108 active members*
3,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Missing BDMCPRMS.SYS file

I have a Torq Cut 22 DX-32 Parvex motor version.

Since a week ago, machine stops at start up displaying that Parameters could not be loaded and the BDMCPRMS.SYS file is missing. All other files are in the root directory.

Could someone provide?

I have a Torque Cut 22 with the z axis parvex motor and can send you the file.
    Just give me a pm with your email address and I will send it to you.

It would be interesting to know where the file went. Have you done a scan disk?
    The BMDCPRMS.sys file is dependent on the version of software used. If the wrong one is loaded it will come come up with an error that it is an incompatible version.
    Also you will need to set backlash, pitch error comp, spindle speed, gear ranges, tool change height, orient, spindle gain, etc.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Redfalcon
    I got your pm and will send you the file but I am not sure what version software I was running.
    My machine is down now with a bad bmdc board.
    i will send you a copy anyway .
    Let us know how you make out.
    tpmx57

RedFalcon
    The file was sent to both your email addresses just in case.

Machine up and running!

I saved the file you sent me to the C: root directory and ZAP! the machine is working again. Thanks again Gary. Please drop me your phisical address by pm and I'll send a couple of pounds of real coffee from Venezuela by Fedex. A little gratitude to your kind attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    It would be interesting to know where the file went. Have you done a scan disk?
    The BMDCPRMS.sys file is dependent on the version of software used. If the wrong one is loaded it will come come up with an error that it is an incompatible version.
    Also you will need to set backlash, pitch error comp, spindle speed, gear ranges, tool change height, orient, spindle gain, etc.

George
    I wonder where that file could have gone either. Probably, it went corrupted with a power surge but I should have been able to recover it at least partially, using the DOS tools I unsuccessfully ran on my disk.
    Anyway. the machine is running now but I'm a little concerned whether it is running right. How should I verify that ALL my parameters are exactly the same compared to the ones the good friend tpmx57 kindly provided?
    Any hint?

RedFalcon,
    Glad to hear the file helped get you going.
    Hopefully you wont have to change too much to get it perfect for your machine.
    Also thanks a bunch for the coffee offer but that is not necessary.
    I have received so much help from George(machintech) and others on here and am glad I could finally provide something to someone that helped them.
    That is what this site should be all about.
    Without the help provided on here my machines would just be piles of scrap iron.
    TPMX57