586,269 active members*
3,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Iphone/Ipod for pendant. It works!

It works but it isnt pretty for now.

I am using the app called HippoRemote. You can find it here HippoRemote Pro — The Universal App Remote for iPhone and iPod touch

It was easy as pie to get it up and running. Instructions can be found here. HippoRemote — A remote control for your computer

I am able to link up and move the machine around using a WMC7 remote but obvious it doesnt look pretty and some of the functions are not geared towards the running CNC. I have tried to make my own remote but I wont lie, I am stupid when it comes to this. If any of you find this useful and would like to try and make a better remote instructions on how to make one are here App Profiles — HippoRemote Pro

So you just used some extra software to map the iPhone remote onto keyboard keys?

I pretty sure that is the way it works. I am using the windows media center remote plugin for it. It has directional pads which matchup to arrow keys and up and down. I was able to read last night on how to mod the screens. I will try later tonight. This is what the screen I am using now looks like.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumb_8.png  

Just to be clear, you're not actually interfacing to EMC2/Axis, you're just emulating a keyboard with the iPhone and any app you have running will receive the keystrokes, correct?

That is correct.

I almost have it. I can do most of the things that you could do with a keyboard in hand. It was really kinda easy once I figured out what I needed to do. I will try and make a video once I have all the bugs worked out. I will also upload the profile for the remote at the time.

So far with the Ipod in hand I can Toggle the Estop, Turn on the Machine, Home the Machine, Touch off and set touchoff distance, Run, Stop, Pause, Spindle Mist and Flood on and off.

I will attach some photos of the screens on the remote. Would you guys like to see something else on there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arrowpad_gray.png   playpad_gray.png   numpad_gray.png  

Sorry its taken so Long. I am still working out the kinks with Jogging but here is a video of it working. Setup time goes way quicker when you are not trying to do it for the camera. I am working with HippoRemote on the Jogging. When I try using Constant the machine is getting very quick arrow keys presses but is hardly moving. I think I need a press and hold situation.

Either way here is the video