586,075 active members*
4,186 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Connecting a hitachi VFD to a cheap Chinese Spindle

Connecting a hitachi VFD to a cheap Chinese Spindle

Well i finally got fed up with my chinese VFD and bought a Hitachi x200. Has anybody else hooked up one of these to ther cheap spindle. I am having problems getting it running correctly. I eventually would like to use the modbus control features to interface it with Mach 3, so if anyone has information on that it would be greatly appreciated also.

I'm in the same boat. Can't get it running. Keeps faulting E5 (overcurrent) I know the spindle is fine, ran it with another VFD.

Quote Originally Posted by zigmart View Post
    Well i finally got fed up with my chinese VFD and bought a Hitachi x200. Has anybody else hooked up one of these to ther cheap spindle. I am having problems getting it running correctly. I eventually would like to use the modbus control features to interface it with Mach 3, so if anyone has information on that it would be greatly appreciated also.
    Is a sentance fragment?

I'd be interested to know this too, since I'm planning on a hitachi/chinese combo.

while we're on the subject of the x200, does anyone know if it takes 110v input? That's all I have in my house..

Nope it needs 220 single or 3 phase.

Strange you don't have 220 in your house? What does your stove, dryer, hot water heater run on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack000 View Post
    I'd be interested to know this too, since I'm planning on a hitachi/chinese combo.

while we're on the subject of the x200, does anyone know if it takes 110v input? That's all I have in my house..
    Is a sentance fragment?

I probably do have 220 behind the drywall somewhere. I was kind of hoping I could just plug it into a regular wall outlet. I guess I'll have to look around and see if there are any 220 outlets.

Hitachi VFD and 220

Hello-
    My name is Peter Schuldt and I have been lurking as I build a 52x100x12 router table with a 1500w spindle.
    I am using a Hitachi X200-015NFU2.
    I was having the same fault error and with Ahren Johnson help got it running properly. Here are the setting I chose.

F002 15
    a003 400
    a004 400
    a061 400
    a062 200
    a151 200
    a152 400
    a155 00
    a153 0
    a154 100
    The menu of the Hitachi is not easy to navigate but stick with it. This combo just flys through wood.
    Hitachi has a good manual on their website for down load. I can email to any one who needs it.
    For now I control the VFD by hand with the run/stop buttons and the pot knob. Pulling up d001 in the screen shows the motor freq. for refinance. I will integrate it with MACH3 as soon as my isolator board arrives.

For power the most common 220V in American houses is Dryer, Stove, and Hot water tank. Ideally a dedicated circuit of 20amps would be run. Most household 220 does not have a neutral. The Hitachi needs a neutral. Running a dedicated circuit is not hard and the materials are not very expensive especially if the panel is near your router. Please consult with a qualified electrician for advice.