586,546 active members*
3,285 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Hickory, North Carolina

Hello,
    I was just wondering if there where any other members near Hickory, North Carolina.

Is Morganton Close enough?

I live in Morganton.
    Jerry

Thats cool Jerry. Man the next town over. I didn't think anyone one that close was into cnc's. Ive seen your user name in different threads alot and never knew.

Sent you a private e-mail.

Maybe we can get togather and have some coffee and chew the fat about our CNC plans.

Jerry

Rural Hall

I am not too far from Hickory..... I am currently in the process of converting my X3 to CNC

Rural Hall

I have been there, but can't recall where it's located off the top of my head. Somewhere below Winston Salem and Greensboro and not quite down to Concord maybe.

If you need assistance on the transformer (other thread) send me the specs on your transformer, drives, and motors and I will calculate it out for you.

Jerry

Live In Morganton

Just Getting Into Cnc , Would Love Any Help You Guys From Hickory And Morganton Could Give Me.

Quote Originally Posted by ROB31
    Just Getting Into Cnc , Would Love Any Help You Guys From Hickory And Morganton Could Give Me.
    Sent you private mail @ 1:30 AM Thursday.

Jerry

Hey Rob,
    I also just sent you a pm

Anyone else in or near Hickory NC?
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Guys,
    I live in Hickory, actually in Mountain View, Just south of town . SOFO (south of forty)
    DAve
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

I'm in sanford little ways away

Quote Originally Posted by dchanceafs
    I'm in sanford little ways away
    I'm in Siler City, about 30 minutes north of Sanford. I actually work in Sanford.

I noticed it was your first post, dchanceafs, welcome aboard. What brought you to CNCZone?

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob
    Hello,
    I was just wondering if there where any other members near Hickory, North Carolina.
    CNCRob, now that your wedding is part of history, are there still plans for a NC CNC BBQ???

It's a small world...,

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

I'm in Statesville
    Gary

HayTay, I'm building a cnc router for sign making and also for hobby use. I have a friend machining my parts for exchange of help doing the computer work on his cnc plasma cutter. Where you work in sanford? I have an office in the penical building across the street from hams. I have found a ton of parts over at lee iron and metal, but you can only go there from 12:15 - 12:45 now.

Quote Originally Posted by dchanceafs
    HayTay,
    Where you work in sanford?
    I work for Imaging Supplies Co., Inc. Maybe a half mile from you up Horner Blvd., on the same side of the street, across from Bojangles and Hardees.

The heck with Alltel, a couple of tin cans and a string and we'd be all set.

:cheers:,

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Isn't it pretty cool when you find out someone is fairly close to you and you never knew it. I think so far Beone is the closet to me. He only lives a few miles away. As for the NC CNC BBQ; I would probably still be up for it if anyone has any ideals.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well I will get on the band wagon too! I live in Hildebran(between Hickory and Morganton) I have a full time shop . CNC milling ,Tig welding ,Mig welding Prototype Machining. Running BOB CAD 21 Software.Do work for Blue Ridge Harley Davidson and several other manufacturing facilities in the area. [email protected]

I live in Charlotte, Not far away at all

When I was an apprentice, we used to make parts for a local vault company. They would send over boxes with several hundred drills in them for resharpening. I was able to learn in high school to hand sharpen drills so I got the job of grinding all the drills for these guys. As the years went by and the shop grew I trained the other guys in the shop. Eventually, when you started on a job and went to collect all the tools you would need, you would grab your drills and grind them without even checking if they were sharp or not. Just so you knew they were sharp when you started. The guy who I worked for has been the manager of a cutter grinding shop in England before he opened up in Canada and he taught me what he knew about grinding tools. That became one of my most valuble skills and grinding a custom tool for a job was often a great time saver. (oops wrong thread!)
    Crashing Sucks!
    www.reliancemachine.com

Page 1 of 4 123