586,094 active members*
3,921 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas SR-100 Dust hood refit

I have a 2009 SR100 with an HSD spindle and ATC.

I don't know of any way to refit this with a dust hood because of the ATC. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks,

Rich

this is one

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f19aToN6ZhA"]YouTube - CAMaster Cobra ATC Tool Change Burn In[/nomedia]
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Thanks!

I'll track that down. It's not mentioned on the CAMaster site, so I'll likely give them a call.

It's interesting in that it retracts horizontally when necessary, which I need. I have a carousel ATC and don't have the vertical clearance to slide a foot under it.

Rich

Just checking to see if you sorted out the Dust Hood as I offer one for the SR that does work with the ATC

Dave

I ended up using a dust collector. It has a 6" inlet about 6" up and to the right of the bit. It makes a major difference in keeping the air clean, and it keeps the insurance company happy, but it doesn't pick up chips. It's also got a tiny footprint, which is important in my cramped shop.

That said, I'm not opposed to a better solution, so I'd love to speak with you about it.

While a lot of my parts are fairly flat, many others are very 3 dimensional - up to 3.5" thick and irregular. I also use a bunch of multi-station fixtures that require the spindle to be piloted around individual stations and workpieces to avoid a crash, so whatever I do has to be easily dismountable.

Hi Rich,

The design I have is more for flat parts, but could work for taller parts depending on the type of table you have and max. tool length. The 6" inlet is what I use as less dia. is not that effective (though the actual Dust Collector spec's do matter as there is CFM + wg to consider).

Attached is a flyer on the product, so you can see the concept. It does work with ATC, but does have some limits on max. part height. The air flow on this unit does pick up everything, so that is the plus. It comes off in less than a minute, so taller parts are possible.

ps. I used to work for Haas and know the SR very well, so let me know if I can help with anything else!

Sincerely, Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files