586,375 active members*
3,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: need help

need help

Im completely new to all this. I have mastercam as my programing method and cimco as my transmitor and receiver and a osp 7000 as a control. Im using a rs 232 cable but since i dont have an extra port im using a usb adaptor to a 9 pin. Then the 9 pin hooks to the cable that hooks to the machine. So its a 9 pin to a 25 pin. I can send files from machine to the computer but when i try to send a program from computer to machine i get a error on my control that says rs232 overload. any advise would be appreciated

Go into cimco setup and put 50-100 mili seconds pause between blocks . Your computer is sending code to the machine faster than it can handle.
    Tim

thanks il try that what should my baud rate be at the control and on my computer. i thought that might be somthing too. I have mine set at 4800 i believe on controller and cimco

A 7000 should handle 9600 baud and above. You can put the dwell in, or make sure you have the Xon/Xoff set up for the handshake.

I think thats whare im messed up at im not sure on how to set the x/on and x/off for the handshake or what a handshake is. Im new to this and trying to figure it out. Im also not sure how to put the dwell in

im using a usb adaptor with a 9 pin on the other side. Then my rs 232 cable is a 9 pin to a 25 pin.