586,104 active members*
3,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand Club House > Bussiness partner wanted for building cabinets. (Melbourne Australia)

Bussiness partner wanted for building cabinets. (Melbourne Australia)

I am looking for a partner who would like to start making and selling arcade cabinets with me.
    I already have a CNC machine capable of cutting these cabinets and a few designs ready to go.
    I plan to have one upright, one sitdown and one table top design to sell throughout Australia.
    The market I am aiming for is the private enthusiast who will install his own computer into the ready made shell.
    I also intend to build sell fully assembled, ready to use machines too.

If you would like to join me and feel you have something to offer this bussiness, please email me at shoot.the.cat(at)gmail.com

Note: this picture is not my design or machine, just a sample of what I am thinking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sitdowncabinet.jpg  

Interesting market, Ynneb!

I hope you are seeking a partner because of growth and not because you are planning on making a call from a horizontal phone booth, so to speak.....after all - you must be close to 90 by now? :stickpoke

Just kidding, Ynneb. I hope all is well - interesting market and neat product - I wish you all the best.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

LOL @ horizontal phone booth.....i'll remember that one.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Just outa interest. If you had the choice of buying an upright cabinet or a sitdown cabinet, and both had steering wheels, and both could also play the other non driving games as well, what would you pick? Would you prefere the sitdown, but picked the upright because it took less room space?

Tough question. If the sit down had a feedback seat (??one that moves or vibrates - what is that called??) - I think it would be a big selling feature. Otherwise, I would pick the upright, but I am not a 'gamer'.

Ynneb - on the advice of a good friend I created a survey and actually asked my potential customers what they wanted to see. The questions and the order in which they are asked require some pretty serious though to avoid instilling preconceived thoughts in or conditioning of their responses but it was enlightening and reinforcing to hear what the customer base wanted to see in a certain product.

Just a thought.

Asking us on cnczone is only asking for trouble.....we'll have the thing acting like a full-tilt flight simulator before you know it.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Wondering

I'm wondering if you got your partner
    It sounds interesting
    Pity I wasn't around when it was first posted :cheers:

You can always ring me and we can talk about it.
    0402 091 334 (Melbourne)