586,108 active members*
2,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco monitor has died on me

Exclamation Hurco monitor has died on me

Help,
    Iv got a vmx42 and a vm1 both 2006 models, both with the double screen type control, The graphics screen on both (within a couple of weeks ) have died on me, They come back to life every now and again, seems strange how they have both gone together, we have fanuc controls of all ages and siemens never had such problems, Hurco are quoting a grand a screen plus fitting but cos they both keep flickering on and off makes me think they can be fixed as usual hurco are no help, any ideas ?

pop the screen out, remove the LCD from the chassis (unplug the pink and white wired plug) and replace the inverter it plugs into.
    If it's a recovery from display off / screen saver, set the time to 0sec to stop it turning off. Who needs screensavers on LCDs anyway.
    I don't believe Hurco are "no help as usual". That's a bit harsh.

Thanks for that, so in the morning when iv got to this inverter where do i get my hands on a replacement?, the only reason i say about hurco being no use is cos it takes all day to get a call back when you ring then they dont seem to wanna help much , the engineers that come out to us are great, if only i could talk directly to them. Thanks

When you've got it out, look at the back of the display and it'll have a label saying the manufacturer's name. Do a search for inverters for that size display from the maker. They tend to use common parts for similar size displays.