586,102 active members*
2,555 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Breakaway torch system

Is there anyone else around who does a breakaway torch system like the Dynatorch one at a reasonable price?

Ive seen a breakaway system on PlasmaCam before (pictures), actually I think it might have been Jim Colts machine. I would plan on building your own, it would be much cheaper and cost effective. The reason they dont have alot of these on the market b/c every torch plate is different for every machine pretty much. I have some neodymium magnets if your interested... But they are pretty strong, the motor might stall before they break loose...lol

I was think I may have to build one, but I thought I would look around first. I can get the dynatorch one but there shipping to me in Australia was way to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_B View Post
    I was think I may have to build one, but I thought I would look around first. I can get the dynatorch one but there shipping to me in Australia was way to much.
    Rick,
    I'm located in Murwillumbah, Northern NSW and have just finished developing a magnetic breakaway machine torch holder to suit PlasmaCAM and Samson DHC2 tables.
    It's listed in the classifieds section and, also on Ebay...item # 220711502799.
    Free shipping to anywhere.

I also include a CD containing plans for an industrial grade grate system, complete with revised table stop points to suit the machine torch.
    Feel free to contact me on 02 66723019 8-4:30.
    Mick.
    Aussie

Rick,
    I'm located in Murwillumbah, Northern NSW and, have just finished developing a magnetic breakaway machine torch mount to suit PlasmaCAM and Samson DHC2 tables.
    It's listed here in the classifieds section and also on Ebay...item #220711502799.
    Price includes free freight to anywhere.
    Also included is a CD containing plans for an industrial grade grate system that has modified table end stop positions to suit the machine torch.
    The grates have now been in use for three years and, lots of satisfied customers are using these.
    It might just be what you've been looking for.
    Feel free to contact me on 02 66723019 BH.
    Cheers.
    Mick.
    Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Benderart View Post
    Rick,
    I'm located in Murwillumbah, Northern NSW and, have just finished developing a magnetic breakaway machine torch mount to suit PlasmaCAM and Samson DHC2 tables.
    It's listed here in the classifieds section and also on Ebay...item #220711502799.
    Price includes free freight to anywhere.
    Also included is a CD containing plans for an industrial grade grate system that has modified table end stop positions to suit the machine torch.
    The grates have now been in use for three years and, lots of satisfied customers are using these.
    It might just be what you've been looking for.
    Feel free to contact me on 02 66723019 BH.
    Cheers.
    Mick.
    Aussie
    Hi Mick,

If I had seen that a week ago I would got it, I ended up get the Dynatorch one. But yours would have done the job and at a better price!!!!!!!

Rick

Cool bananas Rick....pity I wasn't ready sooner.
    Sorry for the double up message.....we got the power knocked out in a storm yeaterday and wasn't sure if it posted or not.

Depending on what the customer wants we do a breakaway system even on stepper controlled tables. The spring and saddle is the most accurate, easiest and quickest re-mount system. If you need any help with design send me a pm with what your running and one of us here may be able to help you out.
    Now featuring Plasmaland online

Quote Originally Posted by Benderart View Post
    Cool bananas Rick....pity I wasn't ready sooner.
    Sorry for the double up message.....we got the power knocked out in a storm yeaterday and wasn't sure if it posted or not.

Good luck with it.

The one I ended up getting is nice, but it was a bit over priced. I think yours looks to be it a good range.

Rick