586,283 active members*
4,753 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ezlink

Page 1 of 4 123

Hybrid View

Ezlink

Can someone send me a copy of EZLINK and maybe some helpfull instructions on how to talk to my R2E4 Series 1 Bridgeport?
    [email protected]

Thank you!!

Hi,

Check your email for the file. Thank you George (Machinetek) for helping us out.

You have to have DOS from Windows 3.1 or older. We have DOS 3.3 (I think) running on an ancient system right now. Newer systems DOS windows do NOT communicate properly with the Bridgeport.

We have an R2E3 Bridgeport, but I think it is pretty close to R2E4.

After putting the file in a directory on the hard drive (we use C:\Transmit). We make sure the file name is five numbers and then use a .txt extension. (like 42222.txt).
    Start EZlink, go to directory and type ldezlink.exe and then Enter.
    Press F1, and tell the software the directory the file is located in and the file name (you don't have to enter .txt). After that you select Remote or DNC mode.
    Press F2, and the baud rate should be 4800.
    When you press F3, it goes into a ready mode and waits on the Bridgeport controller to come pick it up. That's all we had to do.

From your controller, choose DNC for the loading option, and then type your five character file name (42222) and execute.

Tim Glover

Thank you

Hello, I appreciate all your help everyone, I was able to send code and run the program. I can't thank you all enough. :banana: :wee: :wave:

Will the same EZLINK work with my R2E3? I haven't set up a computer yet to upload files but it's next on my to-do list.
    Dale

YES! BUT this is for DNC where the program length exceeds the memory of the machine. I used (and still use) PROCOMM, but DOS based to communicate with Bridgeports, Heidenhains, and Fanucs.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Copy of EZLINK

We flashed up our R2E3 today and would love a copy of EZLINK. [email protected].
    Thanks
    Dave

Check your Email. Remember to use pure DOS not WIN XP.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sucess

With a special thanks to Jim, Tim, Bill and George I am happy to report that we too can now upload to our R2E3.
    I think the BPT tech Bulletin 7 is the best resource for one stop shopping for information.
    Now that we have the download working in DOS I am going to find or create a utilty that will upload in XP :-)

Thanks again for all the help.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Check your Email. Remember to use pure DOS not WIN XP.

George
    Hi I´m reading this EZfile forum because I´m having the same problem that my other machinist friends , I´m trying to load a huge file to my E2R4 machine by port B using a RS232 cable already pined out as all peaople recomend , problem is that I do not have any drip feed file transfer , after choosing DNC at the machine display . Could you be so kind to send me a copy of ezfile software ? my e-mail is [email protected] also my files names are just 3 digits long , do I need to define 5 diggits names instead of 3? could you please give me step by step actions after choosing DNC port ?
    Thanks in advance
    Alejandro

Thank you Eric and George for your fast response , I appreciate your help to get Ezlink and the brief instructions from you , I´ve already worked with it and it works ¡ my last question , do you know why at the end of drip feeding the program the machine defines a " finish error " Does the driped feed programs need to end in an special instruction ?

Thanks again
    Alejandro Zamora

Hi George , if I have a Bridgeport Interact 1 with heidenhain 2500 plc , could I get a copy of your PROCOMM software , does it has detailed operation procedure to a DNC process ?
    thanks
    Alejandro

Does anyone know if EZlink works on Boss 5, and if allows drip feed on that machine? If so can someone send a copy?

TIA John

[email protected]

DOES NOT WORK WITH BOSS 5. The BOSS 5 cannot DNC unless it has the optional BPT DNC loader or if you retrofitted the machine with a BTR (behind the tape reader) device. I do not know what these new BTR devices use for DNC software. Maybe someone else can advise you on that.

George

Unhappy EZ TRAK PLUS control unit

Hello!
    I'm from Poland so sorry for my english in the beginning...
    I've found some post regarding EZ-FILE, EZ-CAM, EZ-LINK softwares. I work on quite old Bridgeport mill with EZ-TRAK PLUS control unit and I'm having troubles because of lack of those programs..
    Unhappy Every time I have to put the program manually so I'd like to change that and use a laptop where I can store all progs.
    Could you please be so kind and send those programs to me??? I can't find them anywhere....

MAny thanks in advance and waiting for a possible prompt answer,
    Greg, [email protected]

PS. Any additional support such as which cable to use or any other useful instructions on how to use the softwares would be much apprecied!

PS2. Please note that my e-mail capacity is limited to 20MB per message..

I sent you some files that should work with the PC version of the EZTRAK. If you have the older version (made by southwestern industries), I do not know what to send.
    EZCAM is a very large file and is not shareware. EZFILE is a smart external storage device.

Jerzy

Question EZ TRAK PLUS control unit

Hello!
    Thanks a lot for your contribution but I'm not sure if it will work.

I'm attaching some pictures of control unit and I suppose it's quite old (does anyone know that?). It has a 7-segment displays, no CRT. However, I've found in the manual that EZ-FILE and EZ-LINK are working with that..

machintek, are you from Poland?? What a concidence - I'm from Wroclaw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails interface.jpg   rear.jpg   transmision.jpg  

r2e3 comunication problem

Hi everyone!
    I have problem trying to send part programs files via port B.
    the baud rate are 2400 already on the machine control display
    I try using Q-link for powerstation but just get two errors:0040 and 0800

the secuency i´m using is:
    LOAD
    REM (2)
    PRESS EXECUTE BUTTOM
    FROM REM (0)
    PRESS EXECUTE BUTTOM
    PRESS EXECUTE BUTTOM (APEAR *)
    SEND FILE FROM PC SOFTWARE
    APPEAR ERROR 0040 ON SCREEN CONTROL
    PRESS RESET PROGRAM BUTTON
    APPEAR ERROR 0800 ON SCREEN CONTROL

If someone can tell it is the correct secuency
    and send me EZ-LINK program

I will apreciate it to much!

Thanks!

Hi Famoldin,
    The sequence I use with My R2E3 is,
    1. go to edit
    2. Press Execute, the * should appear(this needs to happen before you start your software)
    3. go to Pc and start Ez-link, set Baud rate to match R2E3(9600 in my case)
    4. (As long as the Ez-Link is in the same directory as the file I want to load) Go to R2E3, Scroll to Load, then REM, and then From Rem
    Finally, I enter the file number and enter.

If Ez-link is not in the same dierectory as the files, you just have to tell ez-link what directory your files are in.

Hope that helps,
    Cutmore

Ezelink software

Hello George is it possible you can send me a copy of EZELINK and if possi acopy of EZ-PLUS if available as I can't get it in the UK. My email is [email protected]
    Cheers George

Talking BOSS 5.0, WinXP, and Procomm

Hey folks, thanks for all the great info. I just wanted to share a little success story. You can pass programs to a stock BOSS 5.0 machine running Procomm under WinXP. I am hand programming right now, and wanted to be able to use my editing software (UltraEdit) among other things all at the same machine while in the shop. All I had to do was configure the COM port in the hardware profile to 4800, 8, 2, Xon/Xoff enable and so on. I set up Procomm with the same COM settings. I initially had a problem with line pacing within Procomm because I would loose a character or two about every other line. A line pace setting of about 400 Ms did the trick. The only issue I am having with all this is that if load a program, run it, then try to load another program, the machine will not run the next program. It will take the "K" which clears the registry and will accept the new program, but will not run it. It seems like I have to hit the clear/reset switch every time before loading and running a new program. This may be procedural problem on my part, or it may be normal for these machines. Anybody know?

Page 1 of 4 123