586,032 active members*
2,960 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Defective Router bit

I was recommending the Woodline Router Bits. But I think they must have changed hands and moved from Payson, AZ. I ordered a 90 Deg V bit from them. The bit would not cut a sharp V in the bottom of the cut on my CNC. Looked at the bit with a strong magnifying glass and could see that the carbide cutters did not come to a point. They said that they would refund my $ if I would return the defective bit. The bit was only $16.20 but the shipping was $7.72 ground UPS. They refunded the $16.20 but not the shipping. So I'm out the $7.72. Only saved $8.48, by sending the bit back. I would have been better off to put the bit in the trash. It would have been different if I was returning a bit that was not defective. Could have saved a trip to the UPS office and $6.00 in gas. Not counting boxing the thing up.(flame2)

Defective Router Bit

Have you considered using insert cutters, the cost is a little more initially but after that 1st order then all you are doing is replacing the inserts and nothing more.

Vortex Tool: Solid Carbide Router Bits and Compression Spirals for woodworking, plastics and non-ferrous industries.

Yes I have. I replaced the Woodline with a Amana RC-1102 90 Deg bit. Like you say they cost more, but next time I only need a replacement knives.