586,113 active members*
3,212 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Telemecanique E-Stop

Last year I bought this E-Stop which I did not use but planing to use now however I find the switch part when I twist it into the base it wobbles a lot like it is very loose and I wonder if the switch I got is defective or perhaps I'm missing something (perhaps a part?)

Anyone knows this switch?
    Nicolas

Did you try this with the switch mounted? As it should be fairly rigid when installed.
    This is not a Chinese knock off version is it? The have all the Telemecanique name and numbers on them.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

No Al, I didn't try yet with the switch mounted and I think if I make the hole in my panel pretty tight the switch will be more rigid but I thought the switch should have been rigid before mounting to the panel. I dont think its a Chinese knock off, all markings on the switch indicates its an original
    Nicolas

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    No Al, I didn't try yet with the switch mounted and I think if I make the hole in my panel pretty tight the switch will be more rigid but I thought the switch should have been rigid before mounting to the panel. I dont think its a Chinese knock off, all markings on the switch indicates its an original
    You can't tell until its mounted.
    The marking are pretty convincing, it seems like it by the look of the rear casting colouration.
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    You can't tell until its mounted.
    The marking are pretty convincing, it seems like it by the look of the rear casting colouration.
    Al.
    Yes Al is again spot on, I work with e-stop and panel mont switches and you can not be sure till it is mounted due to the way they fasten into the panel. I'm sure you have a good switch and that your just seeing the norm loose fit that happens with no pressure on the fastening arms.
    http://youtu.be/9dTS1A2F4j8

It kind of looks to me like the two grub screws in the base block are in backwards. You can see
    the Philips heads instead of the somewhat pointy end of the screw. Those screws force into the
    mounting panel to make everything tight and wobble free.

Quote Originally Posted by vegipete View Post
    It kind of looks to me like the two grub screws in the base block are in backwards. You can see
    the Philips heads instead of the somewhat pointy end of the screw. Those screws force into the
    Yes, it does look like someone has put the screws in the wrong way around.

I notice these series, Telemecanique XB2/ZB2 are being sold now new out of China.
    These are now obsolete to Telemecanique, they have been replaced by the XB4/ZB4 series.
    I picked up a couple of Joysticks and the quality does not appear to be there, all the Telemecanique name and part numbers are there, however.
    Prices are 1/10 of Telemecanique.
    Al.

Albert E.

I think a lot of the big names got sick of getting blown out of the water by knockoffs so they started up a substandard line. Most everything that The best way to buy industrial controls--low prices, fast shipping and superior service. is selling has a brand name on it but it is a fraction of the expected price.

Quote Originally Posted by vegipete View Post
    Now that makes sense, and I thought these screws were to hold the switch from the panel, lol
    Nicolas