586,103 active members*
3,190 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: When registering for demo/trial how often do you give real info?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALWAYS

17 41.46%
  • 50-99%

10 24.39%
  • 1-50%

8 19.51%
  • NEVER

6 14.63%

Submit Info for download

When downloading a demo/trial how often do you register with you real information (if required)?
    Dustin B.
    ================
    I hear and I forget.
    I see and I remember.
    I do and I understand.

I have a few times, but the last time really made me regret it. I got a phone call from a salesman (must have been a car salesman in a previous life) only about 5 minutes after downloading the software.
    Dustin B.
    ================
    I hear and I forget.
    I see and I remember.
    I do and I understand.

Guess I am too honest.

If I am really interested enough in a product to download a demo, then I give truthful information. I do however, do not enter information in the blocks that are not required.

I do have more than one e-mail address and do sometimes enter the secondary e-mail address in case of spam, getting on a mailing list, etc. That way one can figure out who is passing out your information.

Jerry

Never, if they dont spam you, they sell your name to somebody that will. :boxing:
    Gary

If i am interested all the info is real and depending on how I want to be notified i will give Phone,email but never ever fax... and the email i use for this kind of thing is always the same email. and I don't use it for any other purpose...

I will under no circumstances give a fax number out because of the wasted paper and ink cartridges drives me to thinking postal thoughts.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

I don't give out my real info. Did it once, got hordes of spam e-mail ranging from investment companies to wrist wachtes......
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Quote Originally Posted by Klox
    I don't give out my real info. Did it once, got hordes of spam e-mail ranging from investment companies to wrist wachtes......
    Hey Klox, I've been getting those for some time now...but almost all are now filtered out so my system is pretty clean now

Bloy,
    I don't want to sound negative, but there's a suprise to this whole spam thing. Just when you think you've got all things filtered out. (The anti spam system from your service provider, the firewall that goes with your anti-virus software, the configuration of Outlook etc).
    Just one day out of the blue all these new spam hits you like a piece of stinking dung.....

These people that sends all these spam should get castrated!
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Always
    If site is well done and not full with weird banners, then why not :banana: