586,103 active members*
3,788 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good news - laser arrived

The Yorklaser 350D finally arrived on Friday after a bit of arguing with the transport company.

It arrived in good shape and I now have it up and running. The spare tube I ordered was also intact.

The cutting bed was lose in the machine - the top brackets that hold the leadscrews in place had not been mounted. They were probably in a hurry to get it out of the door....
    As it turns out the holes for fixing the top brackets had had the thread cut with a chisel and hammer so the screws coultn't get a grip. Luckily I had some longer screw and some nuts. Getting the nuts on was very fiddly as they had to sit behind the drive belts. After the bed was mounted I did the customary cleanout of swarf and wiped off the guides.

I have previous experience with Laserworks so once the machine was ready it only took me a few minutes to hook up a laptop and do the first test cut. It cuts OK but I will go through the full alignment process this evening to make sure I get the best results.

No honeycomb was included so I need to find some or make up something suitable from alu blinds.

Smile

Hello Epilotdk,

the cutting bed was loos in the machine....no honeycomb
    Was the price cheeper now?
    How long was the delivery time between the order and delivery?

Mutch succes with your new one.
    Put some pictures here

Pierke

I'll get some pictures uploaded. Delivery was quick - Yorklaser actually did ship on the promised date but due to issues with their email I only got the AWB number when the crate was already in the UK. I opted for air freight to get it quickly. Unfortunately it took 12 days to get it from the airport to my address as I had to get an EORI number and then the transport company mucked up the first delivery attempt.

The laser including spare tube, lens and mirrors sent airfreight stands me at about £2300 excluding VAT (I'm VAT registered so can claim it back). That price also includes clearing cost, duty, warehouse fees and UK delivery. The laser has a 50W tube, air assist, red dot and DSP with USB port.

The optical path only needed a minor tweak so it is now cutting well.

Smile

Hello Epilotdk,
    Thats verry nice, i wish you good luck. Take a picture when you've sommething ready for your work (workpiece) .
    I'am intrest how it looks.

Is the DSP working well?

Pierke

DSP works fine. There is a video of the laser on my Youtube channel:

YouTube - epilotdk's Channel